Hiya- has anyone here fell foul of this ludicrous piece of legislation which basically gives the state the right to ransack your rights of privacy on "a belief" that a vulnerable adult is at risk. If you live in Scotland and are a carer you probably have- you just don't know it. Yet! Big Brother is ...
<t>" I belong to small music group and we have a member who has Downs Syndrome. His family mistakenly thought it was the right sort of group for his level of ability but we are unable to help support him in his social skills and to perform at our relatively high level. We do not have the skills or r...
<t>Myrtle - excuse me - I will not respect the views of ignorant, ill informed people- they have done enough damage to us.<br/> <br/> This forum should not promote negative, stereotype attitudes to people with Downs Syndrome and their families. This forum should not be discussing other people when i...
<t>Oh well Malc- do feel free to be offensive as you like. Come on down all you Frankie Boyle lovers and give us your opinion. Well everybody has an opinion on people with LD. I hear them all the time- it seems they and their carers are public property. Feel free to post negative and unpleasant and ...
Malc this is not about my opinion- this is about prejudice. How safe is this forum when person can denigrate a man with Downs Syndrome giving clues to his name and whereabouts. His carers could very well be reading this and there are two sides to every story. No- you don't care for someone with LD -...
<t>Sorry Charles I disagree. This part of the forum should be SAFE for us- the carers of people with learning disability. How PATRONISING of late of this parish to think she has done it all ok by giving the man a bit of cake. I'll give her some advice- try treating adults with LD like ADULTS!!!!<br/...
<t>What I cannot fathom is why late of this parish didn't make it clear that the group was a select group of accomplished musicians at the start. Of course no one would expect someone without the the skill to join in those circumstances. I do object to the negative portrayal of the man in question r...
<t>At my son's enlightened workplace prospective employees who are "no good" at the skill required are taken on. They are given a one to one supporter until they reach the required skill. They have a learning disability. People with LD are ENTITLED TO HAVE THEIR DISABILITY RECOGNISED AND CATERED FOR...
<t>Several years ago when we lived in England a neighbour turned up at my door asking if I would sign a petition against the opening of a home for people with LD. I was aghast- she knew my sister with Downs lived us and this lady was generally friendly toward us. When she saw my angry face her respo...
This will put me in good stead for the Antarctic sack race challenge next year- and to finish I will slide down from the Pole on a dustbin lid and then sail back home in a handcrafted coracle I made from penguin feathers and rare alpaca handspun wool I collected on my training sessions in the Andes...