Hiya, Thanks for the reply :D No safe guarding issues, no. Just lots of unnecessary suspicion in the past because I make professionals and care assistants lives more difficult because I don't turn a blind eye to poor care. It's always the same, they try to throw mud defensively back at you instead o...
He is paying, though he lacks an amount of capacity. However, ordinary rules should apply - assume capacity, give him all the information and he weighs it up and decides if he still wants to go with me, taking the very small risk on board.
I cannot find any precedent for this anywhere!
Anyone familiar with this agency? They are trying to suggest that their client who needs 24/7 support cannot be without his carers at any time. So for example, if a friend or family member wants to take him out to the theatre etc, the carers must come too. Something to do with liability. Never heard...
Was not sure whether I'm allowed to sell here, but thought it was the best place as it could benefit someone. I have a bed I am selling. It is two singles that strap together. One side is fully profiling, height adjustable care bed. The other side is just adjustable. This combination allows a couple...
Ooo, great ideas, thanks both, I'll try tomorrow.
How can I giveaway unwanted continence products. I don't want to take them to hospitals as they have loads. I want to give them to individuals that may not have enough. I cannot do free cycle as I'm not on Yahoo and don't want to join. Any other way? Anyone on here live in Cardiff and have a shortag...
Google environmental controls. Ways to turn off and on households devices and make them work using simple buttons, with IR (infrared) that is used in most remote systems. Low tech and very useful. You can switch off on lights, radio, tv, draw curtains etc.
This situation is a bit difficult. There is no agency. Staff are hired directly through a financial deputy who is a solicitor. He won't investigate.
A private case management company seriously failed a client. Pova will not investigate as they are not a local authority service provider and CQC say they do not investigate individual complaints. This sounds like a massive gap which I cannot quite believe. When care is privately funded and it fails...
Sorry, but can I offer a different view. I have experience of all sorts of 'care' arrangements. The only thing they all have in common is they lie about standards and blame either the patient or their advocate and label them as difficult. By and large the manager is defensive. These are all signs of...