[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Melly, M is partly paid by his employers, partly by the supported employment organization. His employers and fellow employees complain that he is too slow, but he works at the rate he is most comfortable with. He much prefers to stick with his own jobs and finish them, then help out with other jobs ...
My son M has autism and mild learning difficulties and has been employed in a shop for about 15 years. Unfortunately his employers and fellow employees have no understanding of autism, nor want to know how they can get the best work out of him. He is frequently sent outside for shouting - as advised...
Hi Matt, Welcome to the forum. This has been a difficult time of change for all your family. You have my every sympathy as my husband had a stroke and subsequent aphasia last July. Thankfully he doesn't have any of the physical side effects usually associated with a stroke, but it has affected his b...
Hello Jane, welcome to the forum. Your son's social worker sounds like the social worker who visited us after my husband had a stroke and said that because he didn't want a social worker, she wouldn't be visiting again as he was the one she was allocated to. I was interested in your comment about wh...
Hello Peter, Welcome to the forum. My husband had a stroke last July. There were no physical effects from the stroke and he was only kept in hospital for 4 days, but he has aphasia now, so I can sympathise with you about the speech problems. It is like a time of bereavement for both you and her, but...
Welcome to the forum, Bob. My husband had a stroke last July and got aphasia as a result. Thankfully there were no physical problems. At times I get very frustrated by him, but at other times I feel sorry for him as it's like a bereavement to lose the ability to speak and find words. It's also like ...
Welcome to the forum, Mike. Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with the Disability Law Service. I see it's a few weeks since you posted and am wondering if you got any help? If not, maybe Citizen's Advice, if you have an office in your area, could help?

Gilli
The form for this is a little confusing. Above one box is the question, How did you hear about Care for a Cuppa Video Chat? In said box it says Choose One and some options are given. These options do not include Other, but there is another box above which it says Please share where you heard about S...
Hi Butterbee, welcome to the forum. Your situation sounds similar to mine. My husband had a stroke in July and now has aphasia as a result. Are the appointments with the neuro psychologist and the neuro occupational therapist helping? My husband was referred for speech and language therapy, also occ...
Welcome to the forum, Lisa and Lucy! I have 3 adult children on the autistic spectrum. I have one other son - the eldest - who is neurotypical. I didn't experience any criticism with regard to my employment status when they were younger, but have been judged as financially abusing my son, amongst ot...