[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Welcome to the forum, Marymary. Sorry to hear your dad is frightened about being left on his own. Shopping is definitely difficult these days, especially if you can't do it very often and have to hurry home when you can get out to do it. Have you tried shopping online or arranging with someone to do...
A few years ago M's employment support worker made an arrangement with his employers that he would be given a number of specific tasks to do and allowed to go home at 3 pm provided he got those tasks completed. If they wanted him to do any other tasks they would have to tell him about them in plenty...
Welcome to the group. Your situation sounds very isolating with not having siblings or many other relatives or friends. Do you know if there's a Carers' group in your area? Your gp might know. Meantime, keep 'chatting' to us here - you'll always get a sympathetic ear.

Gilli
To get back to my original question here, Universal Credit works differently here in Northern Ireland, with rent being paid directly to the landlord or, as in M's case, the landlady. The problem was that the Universal Credit office was having difficulty contacting the landlady to get her bank detail...
Gill Thank you for your reply. Support on site does seem most ideal..I agree. I am sorry it didn't work out for your daughter. That is a shame especially after 11 years..what went wrong?, My son is 24 Social services have not come up with anything yet. I suspect they are not keen to tell people of ...
Does Universal Credit pay part of a claimant's rent directly to the landlord/landlady or indirectly via the claimant. I understood it was the former but M had a phone call from them yesterday morning, telling him that they usually paid the rent to the claimant who was supposed to then pay it to the ...
When M moved into rented accommodation he was advised to apply for Housing Benefit, but was then told that he wouldn't be eligible for that and that he should apply for Universal Credits and part of his rent would be paid. His claim was successful, although he had to keep bringing his wages slips to...
Welcome to the forum, Sandra. Sorry to hear your husband is in hospital. It must be a very frustrating time for both of you. You've got some good advice here. I just wanted to say that a few years ago when I was in hospital without nightwear the hospital lent me a disposable nightie. Ok, not the lat...
I posted a reply to this thread, but it hasn't shown up. Welcome to the forum, Cloudygal. What age is your son? Is he keen to move into supported living? My daughter was in supported living for 11 years, but it didn't work out for her. That doesn't mean it wouldn't work for anyone. I would suggest t...
I agree with the other posters here. It would be far too unsettling for your father-in-law to be uprooted from the care home and brought back home, and confusing too with different carers coming in each day. When I was a social worker many moons ago I thought the elderly should be looked after by th...