Sorry I've neglected this thread for so long - again! I don't know if the support worker has read any of the NAS literature or not. When she first became M's support worker she told me, 'we don't usually deal with parents'! His previous support worker was much more communicative with me and also aut...
Your top priority should be your husband and your marriage. Your father is being looked after, so you shouldn't feel like you're abandoning him when you spend time with your husband. Is it difficult to reason with your father due to his tumour? I would imagine this would make it difficult to reassur...
Hi Gloria, Welcome to the forum. This must be a very difficult time for you, with your husband being in care now. A couple of suggestions I would have, once you're up to doing new things, are a lunch club - if there are any in your area - churches often run them - and U3A - University of the 3rd Age...
Yes, welcome to the forum, Trudy. I hope you find it helpful and friendly. If you feel like it, let us know a bit about yourself and your sister and how you came to be her carer. I am mum to 3 adult children on the autistic spectrum, one of whom has moved out into a flat, where he will be getting so...
Sorry, just seeing this now, Melly. I’ve seen that, thought it was very helpful. I printed it out and gave the printout to M to give to his boss’s wife, who just said everyone was different and handed the printout back to him. On several occasions M has felt under pressure to get all his work done a...
I usually put this job off until the last minute and then ring up and speak to a nice person who asks some questions and then tells me M’s tax credits are now renewed. This year I managed to get going with it yesterday, but no nice person to talk to, just a woman’s voice. I did try the online option...
Thanks for the suggestion about downloading the form, Melly. I decided against in the end as I had most of the form completed and it would have entailed more time to complete an electronic version as well. I have some rough notes and might download the form as well and fill in what I can, just to ha...
Chris, I know it's not as bad as some forms, esp. the PIP form, but sill bad enough! Thanks Melly, I'll have a look at that. I'm up late because I have been trying to get it filled in. I'm afraid I left it rather long to get it dealt with - it has to be in for Monday. I'm hoping I get a break before...
Anyone else in the process of filling in one of these? I'm currently filling one in for A, who is finding it stressful on account of her anxiety. There were some questions we didn't quite understand and I had intended to ring up the ESA about them, but the day has been very busy. There'll be another...
She wanted to see him in action. She made the arrangement with M's employers and I don't know if she said anything to them about the 30 minute limit, but now they're telling him to ask the support worker to go to her meeting first, then come and watch him when she has more time.

Gilli