Hi Amanda, sorry I'm just noticing this now. That's great news - I hope things are working out well for you now. It makes such a difference to have a social worker working for and with you.

Gilli
Yes, welcome to the forum, Leanne. An online group like this one is perfect for someone in your situation. I do hope you will feel at home here and we get to know you well.

Gilli
Getting a half day off just to go to an event would have been difficult, Melly. He is expected to go away somewhere when he has time off work. He is owed an extra day and can't get his boss to discuss when would be a suitable time for him to take it. Thankfully he was able to get out of work in good...
That's great news about S, Melly! I'm so glad he's participating again. Winning that gold medal must have done wonders for his self-esteem. The only thing to worry about the mayor's reception now is whether M will be allowed out of work in good time to go. There was a reception in Belfast for all th...
Thank you Melly. D and I went down for the day on the Saturday to watch them. There was a terrific atmosphere. Unfortunately we missed the Opening and Closing Ceremonies but there was plenty of video taken of them and it looks like both were good to be at. The people who were there from our club are...
I mentioned a while back that M had been selected to play for the Special Olympics Ulster Basketball team at the Special Olympics Ireland Games in Dublin last month. Well, there were three men's teams from Ulster and one ladies' team. The men's teams won a gold, silver and bronze each - M was with t...
Hi Caron, I have just been reading this thread and have been wondering how your daughter is at the moment as your description of her sounds like my daughter, now aged 40. Not in respect of irritability, but definitely with regard to depression, anxiety and doing little around the house. I should say...
I decided to start another thread on this but when I tried sending my post I got the message saying I didn’t have permission to post in that forum - or words to that effect. I heard back from the appeals service and got advice from the CAB on what happens next and what I need to do. The officer I sp...
The local Citizens Advice Bureau has been a great help. One of their officers is helping us through the appeals process. She told me that Capita has been offering their assessors extra money for turning people's claims down. She is very angry about the whole thing.

Gilli
We heard last Friday that my request for a PIP reconsideration for J was turned down. I made the mistake of not sending medical evidence and they just based their decision on what we had written in the original claim form and in the letter of request for a reconsideration and also on the face to fac...