The local Citizens Advice Bureau has been a great help. One of their officers is helping us through the appeals process. She told me that Capita has been offering their assessors extra money for turning people's claims down. She is very angry about the whole thing.

Gilli
We heard last Friday that my request for a PIP reconsideration for J was turned down. I made the mistake of not sending medical evidence and they just based their decision on what we had written in the original claim form and in the letter of request for a reconsideration and also on the face to fac...
I am waiting to hear from the PIP office about my request for a reconsideration in J's case. They sent him a letter saying they hadn't received written evidence from him and to please send it by 12th May. I am his appointee and am wondering why they sent him the letter. I had already sent a letter g...
I would have thought there should be involvement by the social worker, with a discussion between you, your son, his social worker and the staff of the home - when A was in supported living regular reviews were held, which were attended by the team leader, A's key worker, her social worker, A and me....
After getting some excellent advice from the Citizens’ Advice Bureau, I contacted the PIP office and registered my request for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision about the claim. A person there said I would have 1 month from that date to get written informstion in to back up my claim. I hav...
After getting some excellent advice from the Citizens’ Advice Bureau, I contacted the PIP office and registered my request for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision about the claim. A person there said I would have 1 month from that date to get written informstion in to back up my claim. I hav...
Thank you both.

Gilli
Well, we heard back about J and he was turned down for PIP. I get the feeling that only people who are obviously disabled are having their claims accepted. He got all of 2 points, which were awarded because he needs to be prompted to engage with people in conversation. We plan to appeal. It's all ju...
Welcome to the forum, Claire. Your son would have been eligible for Disabled Living Allowance. Of course, that has now changed to Personal Independence Payment and I would not like to suggest whether someone might be eligible for it or not. I would recommend you Google How to claim for Personal Inde...
Hi, has anyone been or is anyone currently going through the PIP claims process? How did it go/how is it going? I am in the process with my three care-ees. We are at the stage of waiting to hear results after the forms went in and all three had their interviews. A had her interview at home and of th...