With regard to life expectancy with Alzheimer's Disease, when my mother was diagnosed with that disease the consultant told us it would be 2 - 5 years. She died 5 years later. Of course, every one is different.

Gilli
Well done you. I hope your support group works out well for you. Have you heard of Autism Initiatives? They provide services for autistic people in the Merseyside area.

Gilli
Bb, I couldn't have done it without the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau. They were brilliant.

Oh, and I dread to think how my three will manage after I've gone.

Gilli
We have been waiting for a date for J's appeal against the decision not to grant him PIP. I sent the appeals office a letter from his employment support worker at the social enterprise he attends and a report from the ESA office giving reasons why he was granted that benefit. It seems to have worked...
My mil worked for many years in the office at a Camphill school near Belfast. She loved it and said the children there were very happy. It still has a good reputation. I think, as someone else has suggested, that shorter outings might be better until he and his carers or whatever name they give them...
Hi Naomi,

Welcome to the group. It sounds like you're having a tough time with your son's illnesses. That was a very young age to have a stroke. It can't be very easy to bring up two boys on your own, especially when one of them is not well.

I am a mum of 3 adults on the autistic spectrum.

Gilli
Hi Amanda, sorry I'm just noticing this now. That's great news - I hope things are working out well for you now. It makes such a difference to have a social worker working for and with you.

Gilli
Yes, welcome to the forum, Leanne. An online group like this one is perfect for someone in your situation. I do hope you will feel at home here and we get to know you well.

Gilli
Getting a half day off just to go to an event would have been difficult, Melly. He is expected to go away somewhere when he has time off work. He is owed an extra day and can't get his boss to discuss when would be a suitable time for him to take it. Thankfully he was able to get out of work in good...
That's great news about S, Melly! I'm so glad he's participating again. Winning that gold medal must have done wonders for his self-esteem. The only thing to worry about the mayor's reception now is whether M will be allowed out of work in good time to go. There was a reception in Belfast for all th...