[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You think so??? HIC..!! - oops too much champagne..! lol Image
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26766345 Atos is quitting its contract to assess whether benefit claimants in Britain are fit to work, ministers have said. It follows government criticism over "significant quality failures". Disabilities Minister Mike Penning said a new company would be appointed in e...
<t>Firstly I'm sure there is plenty more depth for them to sink to...<br/> <br/> Second the words "Human Rights" spring to mind - surely we have a right of appeal when their staff are clearly unable to do their job properly in the first place, the proof is in the number of applications being turned ...
I've just put in my application for PIP - and I'm one person who is NOT going to back down if they turn me down. I'm ready to fight them all the way to get what my GP and Consultant are telling me I am entitled to. Bring it on Cameron and Co...... Image
<t>I had a similar issue recently. What you should do is to phone the secretary of the Doctor or Consultant at the hospital who dealt with your father, this should be on the discharge note if you have it, if not you can phone the ward and they should give you the name.<br/> <br/> Explain to the secr...
<t>Most Agency Staff have written in their contracts that they can NOT take work "on the side" and it they were found out it would lead to disciplinary action.<br/> <br/> If a carer DID take on the work please bear in mind there would be NO insurance cover if anything should go wrong. Most agencies ...
<t>Similar for me, my wife is cared for in bed most of the time so I spend most of my time sat on the bed watching tv with her etc.<br/> <br/> I have a list of various activities that I do to keep active while at the same time watching or listening in to the tv, these include - Watercolour & Oil...
<t>I had a carers assessment, mainly it looks at what support you as a carer need and to ensure you are on the correct benefits etc. There are also opportunities for certain grants and other help for instance I was given a grant of £500 to spend on taking a few days break away. I could only use that...
As an ex-member of St John Ambulance for 22 years I personally think First Aid is something that should be taught in all schools.

What you learn on a First Aid course can save a life so its more than worth doing! You will not regret taking the course.
St John can be expensive (ex member here) but the local councils often offer adult education and check out any local colleges or 6th form colleges as some run night classes.