[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have a similar problem with my wife who is suffering from severe memory loss and is undergoing tests for dementia she is also in a great deal of pain from bile duct stones, has been for 10 months, but due to covid the hospital has not yet admitted her to have them removed, an earlier appointment w...
My wife and I are carers for a severely disabled daughter (Cerebral Palsy), as we are in our 80s we do not fall into the catogary that gets carers allowence. Hoverer my wife is no longer able to see to our daughters hygiene, so we have had to call in Social Services to arrange one & a half hours a d...
Due to my wifes health we have had to call on Social Services for help with our severely disabled daughter Julie aged 52. Julie is now receiving 90 minutes care per day. Although my daughter is on benefits including income support. She/we have been told we must contribute towards this care. How is t...
Normally I only visit the members forum, but I've just picked up on this thread. Along with my wife I've been a carer for alnost 50 years, of course my wife did the bulk of the care work for our daughter Julie. Julie is 51 years of age and is severely disabled. Julie suffers from cerebral palsy. Thi...
Cloudy gal, Just love your comment The last thing you want is an emergency placement If something happens to you. For over three weeks just prior to the lockdown I was contacting Social Services asking for a visit to make arrangements in case of emergency for my severely disabled daughter aged 51 wh...
sunnydispositionI just love the last sentence. There is an assumption also that all carers are on some from of benefit/s. The Government also reply on pension credit to top up or fill income gaps. So no carers benefits for us our daughters full time carers. In fact it's taken 18 months to get a tur...
Just to let all of you know the problem appears to have resolved itself, as I've no heard from Social services regarding a financial assessment.

Harry
MrsA thanks for your input. I am now looking making enquiries regarding the financing of care in the home. approx 6 years ago my daughter was recieving Direct Payments, but we wrer having serious problems with the local Learning Difficulties team. After getting the Local Government Ombudsman involve...
Thanks for your reply Chris, very much as I expected. Maybe next time I will tell the people responsible that our daughter will have to go into respite care for a week. We've not had much to do with Social Services as we just carry one with our lives. Apart from 6 years ago when I got the local gove...
I'm pretty sure I know the answer which in our case is no. My wife and I are in our 80s and care 24/7 for our 50 year old severely disabled daughter (cerebral palsy) On the 11th Feb my wife contacted the dreaded norovirus and has been confined to her bed. Today she is now feeling a little better, bu...