<t>I don't quite know why some people think its odd for a disabled adult to want to live at home. My son 29 lives with us. He wants to and we are more than happy to have him home. He can be very trying and stubborn at times but we wouldn't be without him. He's safer with us. Of course if he wanted t...
<t>I can tell you that I was in the exact same position as yourself. When Alex was 16 he had attended a mainstream comp with 1 to 1 support. He achieved with max help 10 certificates of education. A headteachers award for best pupil i.e. friendly helpful and polite, yet his writing was poor, reading...
<t>This is my second post on the same subject that burns inside me. <br/> As I said my ca has been stopped cos I earned £1.50 pw too much. I have written to Ian D Smith and my local mp. I am willing to do whatever it takes to raise awareness. We have a heartless government and they support much less...
<t>I have written to my local mp and also Ian Duncan Smith to complain about the gov aborting my ca. Every time they get a letter off me I get a reply saying they are looking into it. I believe there is power in numbers and ask anyone out there to write a letter of support to get a fairer deal with ...
<t>I have a 29 year old son with ds and when he was born all they could tell me was that "they are very loving and love music". My son had a massive hole in heart and various health problems as a child but God was helping him and the hole closed on its own without surgery. I am very determined that ...
<t>Hi, it's been ages since I've been on forum. I am so dissapointed with the system that I need to see if anyone feels as I do. I am a 56 year old carer . I have cared for my son for 30 years and love him dearly. It has taken it's toll on me in all sorts of ways. physically mentally and financialy....
GOod point that, there are many people who refuse to work and get paid. I work pt and then my caring on top but they dont want to pay me. It's not cool britain but cruel britain.
<t>I have just been on q.t. last week with a question for carers. They ask you to send one question via email and on the night supply you with a paper to write another topical question down. they collect them and take them into the back and choose about 7 out of 150. As they have suggested that you ...
I went on qt last week and prepared my question but was not asked to say it. mine was why cant carers earn more than £100 and get ca. only 7 questions were chosen out of 150. all the best
<t>I went to question time and it's true I found it very bland. we all submited 2 questions and out of 150 people only 7 were chosen. They choose the questions they prefer to be asked. They like questions that are controvertial and make good viewing. questions about carers were not asked whatsoever....