[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi All, Sorry for the delay in responding, the days have just run away with me! Thanks for your comments - I will try and answer as best I can: When this situation began last year his wife was in remission, he was unhappy and had been thinking about leaving (before he even met me). But shortly after...
Hi All, Yes indeed that is a ‘stark’ way of looking at the situation Jenny! Many apologies if my post has offended anyone on here… of course I don’t expect everyone to agree with my situation, but I was merely trying to find a way to best support someone that I (rightly or wrongly) care about. Best ...
Hi All, Thanks once again for your feedback. I shan’t argue with some of the comments about whether or not this is the most fulfilling of relationships for me (morals aside), and indeed I have struggled with this many times over the past year! BUT, I recently reached the conclusion there is no value...
Hi Jenny, Not really sure how to respond to that… Admittedly it may not be a desirable situation for anyone concerned – sometimes these things happen despite your best intentions though! I think the problem is that I have already waded in up to my neck, and so what I’m trying to do now is figure out...
Hi Jenny Thanks so much for your post, you made some really useful points which I have been thinking about a lot… I think you are right about not needing someone who is too ‘needy’ because of all the other demands in his life. Intellectually I do know this, but I suppose I find it hard when everythi...
Hi All, Many thanks to those of you who have taken the time to reply. I think it is very difficult (if not impossible) for an outsider to fully understand what a caring role really involves or the conflicting emotions that must come with it, especially if it's your spouse you are caring for who was ...
Hi Everyone, I have never posted on a forum before but I am slowly driving myself crazy so would really appreciate some advice/insights regarding the caring role of the well-spouse. Over the past few months I have become increasingly close to a male friend of mine who is a well-spouse carer, and the...