Hun, it's been said many times, just on this thread - those who know you, know better - those who don't, don't matter...! Don't let the worries of what random nurses may think of you get to you, thicken that skin up!! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif I felt that if I didn't do for Mum, ...
Oh, my god, you're right in the thick of it, aren't you? I so remember where you are - I even didn't feel my Mum's treatment of me was THAT bad at the time, but in hindsight, it was terrible. You've probably accepted it as 'normal' for your entire life now... Whatever happens, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO A...
Wow, barrowgirl and Little Lamb, it was so emotional to read your posts. When I posted again, I had no idea I might actually help someone from it - what a feeling! There must be a burning question on your minds though: "HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THE GUILT??" Firstly, accept the guilt as a part of 'who yo...
You are so very welcome, and I so hope this can help someone!! I owe a lot to this forum and the people here - you are amazing people! Forgotten by a government that doesn't give a s**t, pressured even further by savage cuts, without support, help, advice... you name it! And THEN you have time to he...
Well, hello people! Almost nine months has passed in what seems like a blur. I am sorry I didn't post again, but it did all carry on for quite a while - the craziness, the accusations, visits from police that Mum had reported me to, you name it! I felt like I couldn't even talk to people any more, t...
Thanks audrey http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Well, here's an update while I'm waiting for calls to be returned from SS etc. After that hellish Saturday, we'd arranged for her to go to Respite, paid for by a local charity, getting her there on Weds. It was a very difficult few days, wi...
Well, nothing happened today... mostly as she's 'stable' now, and doesn't see me as the spawn of the devil...today. Lazydaisy - yes, but it's beginning to dawn on me HOW LONG it takes to go from close family 'noticing' to the profession noticing. I know now, firmly, due to the on call doc 'seeing' t...
<t>Just a quick update - awful day yesterday. Spent whole day at Mum's, as the carer came to mine after her visit and said she'd called an emergency doctor out and could I wait for him with her, as she couldn't be alone. I was asked to stay downstairs, as Mum didn't want me anywhere near her. She's ...
Wow, lot's of comments to reply to...! Had a pretty 'good' day today. Mum needed me to take her to town for a couple of things, and I kept my cool! I didn't bite at all the digs. Just stayed as 'the driver'. I took a book and waited for her in the car rather than go with her places. I stayed quiet a...
Hi sbegg, Great you've got an academic interest in us carers... I do research myself, so I am duty bound to help http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Please forgive the tone, as the questions incite some emotion. 1. I feel neither supported nor excluded... more 'invisible' or 'forgotten'. Y...