[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Thank you for your response. That is absolutely correct, the family cannot be asked or held responsible for paying anything - unless they wish to do so. <br/> <br/> And of course most families will want to - but at the appropriate time, and given that they are financially able to - because they l...
<t>Hi<br/> my first post was 6 months ago when Mum in Law, 90 years old, registered blind, deaf and virtually immobile, first came up against the 'helpful, caring supportive' (??) Social Services, commonly and aptly referred to in our house as the SS. <br/> <br/> 6 months on and nothing has altered ...
<t>Hi<br/> <br/> I have posted a couple of questions here and am grateful for the advice. <br/> <br/> Hope you can help with this one.<br/> <br/> We get Direct Payments to buy care for 90 year old Mother in Law who lives a few miles from us. The council pays it into a bank account and from there we ...
<t>Hi<br/> <br/> I have posted a couple of questions here and am grateful for the advice. <br/> <br/> Hope you can help with this one.<br/> <br/> We get Direct Payments to buy care for 90 year old Mother in Law who lives a few miles from us. The council pays it into a bank account and from there we ...
<t>Hi <br/> <br/> my Mum in Law has been having a home carer since January, supplied by an agency, and we pay by Direct Payments. She has 3 visits x 7 days per week care, so it is not an ad hoc respite deal, but a long term thing. We were suprised that the April invoice shows double the hourly rate ...
<t>Hi all<br/> <br/> thank you for your words of support. It helps to get things off your chest. A quick update. After going ballistic at the Social Worker (for which I felt annoyed with myself) his boss rang and spoke to my wife. After the usual platitudes, she finally agreed to increase the care b...
<t>Hi<br/> <br/> After yet another heated discussion with a Social Worker yesterday, I just felt the need to find some support and found this site. My wife has snatched a few hours of down time with a friend.<br/> <br/> My wife and I are extremely tired, frustrated and depressed. I still work in a d...