I agree not everyone enjoys Christmas and everything always seem to be aimed at families, and magazines, TV programmes and advertising concentrate on this. Recipes never seem to be for one or two people, so if you did want to cook something special it is very hard. If you say to people I don't reall...
15 June
bowlingbun my brother is not entitled to a higher rate of care allowance because they say they can't include help with daily domestic tasks, despite the fact he finds it extremely difficult to get anything out of cupboards or the fridge to prepare a meal, nearly had broken plates more than once, and...
I think that is everyone's nightmare, to see a brown envelope behind the door.
I care for my brother and because he doesn't get middle to high rate care allowance in his DLA, I can't get carers allowance. Made enquiries at the CAB about getting an increase in the care part, as he is gradually needing more help, but was told he could risk losing his DLA if the decision went aga...
Hi Bowlingbun Thanks for answering my post. Having to deal with Psoriasis at the moment, which I read somewhere can affect someone with AS. Has your Mum ever suffered with this? The cream from the doctor does help, but his has dry dead skin especially where the flare up has been. He has been given a...
I confess
Montgomery Clift.
Does anyone else care for someone who has severe Ankylosing Spondylitis ? I am a carer for my brother who has this condition and would like to hear from anyone else who does the same.
Hi, I'm new to this and find it difficult, majority of the time, to talk about myself. :blush: but I will try to tell you about my life as a carer. I have been a carer for over twenty years now, I hadn't realised it had been so long, until recently. I first cared for my Mother, then my Father. Both ...