Thank you all. Its horrible at this stage and Im biting my tongue constantly but trying to focus on the longer term, I want to get a semblence of life back. I dont want to smell my own waste all the time, its an ongoing situation and thank you all for the advice. I have someone working on it with me...
Bowlingbun, yes I have looked into what's available in my area and it would mean giving up any chance of living independently, my fiance is ill too, we both became ill about 2 years into the relationship but the conditions were starting to show themselves when we got together. Longer term we are hop...
Thanks for the info Chris re CHC, Im going to look into it Yes, the pads are prescribed via the continence service who work in conjunction with urology and gastro and district nursing. Rosemary, putting them in the bin outside constitutes cleaning/housework when they cover personal care only. Part o...
NHS Continuing Healthcare is mainly England isnt it? Or does it include the other countries. I have a list of diagnosis a mile long, I had my PIP assessment yesterday and assessor went thru all 4 pages with the list of conditions and sub conditions. Im very complex, currently waiting on a bed for so...
This feels good letting this out and I know you will understand why Im at my wits end re the whole carry on. Re pad, even when Im down to one hand only they often just put the bottoms / pants / pad and baby wipes in reach and leave me the kylie pad to roll a new one under me. My skin is sore but hav...
Hi, I do appreciate the work carers do especially unpaid ones like yourselves. I am a caree and have paid carers from an agency funded by social services however I am looking for advice. A bit of background, I am in my early 40s and have a very fluctuating condition which can leave me totally bedbou...
HI Beanie

Sorry im coming so late to this thread but felt i had to responsd to you

How is your husband now?

Im also a chronic migrainer, my caree is my partner who has a sleep disorder but i myself have an acute form of hemiplegic migraine (looks like stroke or meningitis)

M