[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Chris, my wife has never received state pension, or E.S.A. only Disability Living Allowance for care and mobility (higher rate in both cases) with the Severe Disability Allowance. We were told by the Benefits Agency that under the rules in place at that time replacing S.D.A. with state pension would...
Hi Chris, My wife started claiming Severe Disability Allowance in 1992 and reached Pension Age (60 for women at the time) in 1998, I don't know when they dropped S.D.A. but I do know that those already claiming it would continue to receive it if they were no longer of working age. As I said in my or...
This time last year I was seeking a change of care agency and a change was made and that is when I discovered that there is very little difference in the way agencies operate. Both agencies have a high turnover of carers. To be fair to the carers (from both agencies), they were/are quite good at the...
When my disabled wife reached pensionable age she was approached about claiming state pension but was told she would have to give up her S.D.A. if she did, I asked how much difference, if any, would it make if she did and was told it would make no difference. This was in 1998. Since then pension rul...
Thanks for all that. Most reassuring. It will certainly help as her dentist is in a road with double yellow lines and nearest car park is 1/4 mile away. She refuses to use the wheelchair I bought her so slowly walking 1/4 mile with a walker is out. word of warning Albert ! Blue badge doesn't mean t...
You should be able to just replace the shower tray with one that has level access, however you will also need to add a door that seals the water in and add safety flooring, this will effectively turn your bathroom into a wet room and the overall cost could be quite high, depending on your own financ...
Roy, have you spoken to your Mums GP? If she is older generation, she might listen to the doctor's advice even when she doesn't listen to you. Make an appointment at Mums surgery in Mums name, so the GP will have her records on the computer in front of him, and go instead of her. Then you could go ...
Having been a carer for 20years without a break I decided recently it was time to request some respite. When researching how to apply I was informed that firstly I needed to have the agreement of the person I am caring for before applying to social services for assistance. Thinking about it now thou...