[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
John,

I'm willing to help. I care for my wife and work full time.

Regards,
Mark
Petal, I care for my wife who was disabled following spinal surgery and empathise with your feelings. I considered my looking after her to be part of my marriage vows, 'in sickness and in health', and it took my deteriorating health and rising stress levels (I work full-time) to realise that I had b...
bowlingbun wrote:It is important to realise that provision of aids is not means tested.
Something we wish we'd known when we bought the stair lift for my wife; we only found out when she was provided with a wheelchair to replace the one we'd bought.
Before you order a stair lift privately check with Occupational Therapy as you may be entitled to one from the NHS.
Like Henrietta my wife and I gradually came to the realisation that I was more than her husband; I am her carer as well. It was only after hitting crisis this summer and my wife having a referral back to social services that when they came in did I find out from the social worker that there was help...
I empathise with your situation as I'm the carer for my wife, who is disabled following spinal surgery and suffers chronic severe pain, whilst working full time. I'm currently on a phased return to work after two months off with stress due to workload and caring responsibilities. Use the time off to...
Hi Lianne and welcome. I care for my wife who is disabled following two operations on her spine, the second of which didn't go well and left her in severe chronic pain. Her mobility is becoming more restricted and the nerve damaged has caused other issues with her bladder. She too has been told that...
Hi lopyus and welcome!
My view is that the contract is with the council and the care home manager needs to take this up with the council. If there isn't an inflation clause in the contract then he shouldn't have signed it! In my business we are often employed by contractors for design services for the ultimate client and ...
Hi Dib and welcome.

I care for my wife who is disabled following spinal surgery and also work full time so I understand your situation.

You'll discover through this forum that you're not alone and that many others are in a similar situation so can give practical advice.