[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have enjoyed most aspects of carers week but it's also caused me to reflect on how carers are treated. For example I was at an online event today (not Carers UK) it was a carers conference where different professionals were basically patting themselves on the back as to how amazing they'd been at ...
Marie It is devastating for all family members. A stroke can really knock the confidence and can take several months or more to regain. It's very complex and there's the generic traits for everyone and the unique bits to each person. If you have a stroke club nearby and you can get along to a meeti...
Thank you, that has really helped to me to understand things better. It's so sad to see her like this and feel so helpless compared to the strong woman she once was :(
HI all, my Mum is early 70's. She had several mini strokes in 2019 and is primarily cared for by my Dad who still works part time. I do some shopping for them every week which I take to them and I always stop for a long chat. They see my sister every week too who takes them shopping and they see the...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60911771

So no longer able to get tests, and this was for a virus so deadly that we have had to test to know you have it or not have it :( Words fail me.
Hi Gina, I can relate to everything you've said about the loneliness and the guilt. You need to think though that any respite you get helps you to 'top up' to carry on doing your caring role. You can't pour from an empty cup. Something that I've found has really helped me especially now the pandemic...
Hi Ruth, how are things now?
Yes, it's definitely too much too soon. Take care.
I've just watched the Prime Minister announce the end of the restrictions and for our family it will be like going back to March 2020 :( For others the restrictions were our protections and to end isolation if you have covid just seems so wrong to me. Sorry had to let that out somewhere where people...
Thank you for today's Zoom chat, it was lovely and I really hope these will continue. As I said on there, I can't physically get to meetings so this is perfect for me. Thank you for setting these up :) x It was lovely seeing you, Marie. I really hope you can attend again. We host them every Monday ...