[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Does anyone know the answer to this:<br/> As we have worked all our lives and saved, when my husband, who has parkinsons (I am his sole carer 24/7) deteriorates to the point when I cannot manage him, he will have to go into a care home and we will pay all costs. I am worried that if he lives long...
Hi Frandrake and Scally (reminds me of when I used to work in LIverpool! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif ), many thanks for your suggestions. We did have a handbell but the problem was my husband has a very bad tremor and more often than not the bell ended up on the floor- but we did...
<t>Hello Gracie-<br/> many thanks for your information. At present we are coping by my husband using his Doro pendant type phone (v good, 5 speed dials and can receive from any phone but you can't dial other numbers) - one of the speed dials is my mobile which I keep on all night. He then has to jus...
Thanks again, Beck- I have now got a few things to try thanks to all who replied- bound to find something that suits!
Many thanks for the tips Beck- I will look these up (you don't remember which one yours is do you)? The other thing I thought of was, my husband has a simple pendant type mobile phone which just has 5 has preprogrammed speed dials, no keyboard, and I though we might try this, he can leave it switche...
http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif many thanks Lazy daisy and SusieQ! I will follow up both suggestions- thanks again. Otherwise I will get no sleep wondering if he is ok. Not all wireless stuff is very good- signal needs to go through 2 walls- but I do use remote switches (plug in) to...
<t>I don't need the system which rings a list of people when activated. I need some sort of alarm that I can have in my bedroom at night, so my husband can alert me if he needs anything (he is in a separate room). Anyone found anything? He has Parkinsons so I need a one press button which he can man...
Many thanks for the help- have heard of the Doro and will take a look at it- also will follow up the Disabled Living Foundation reference.
Thanks again!
<t>have only just joined Carers Uk- saw your post from Oct- hope things are better. If you have not had a second opinion, get one- pay for it if you can. afford it. Find out who the top people in this field are. You are entitled as an NHS patient to be referred elsewhere. Do not put up with the parc...
<t>I care for my husband who has Parkinsons disease. His main problem is a very severe tremor. Now this makes using the phone very difficult as he cannot hold it still. I have been trying to locate a decent handsfree phone, without success. What he needs is a phone which he can speak at without hold...