[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi and thanks for your advice/comments. Today I had to resign from the domicillary care agency, as time was going on I was getting more and more miserable. This was not help by one client needing me to call the paramedics. Thankfully they only spent a couple of days in hospital and then went home. H...
Thanks Henrietta I have had a look round for the info you referred to but instead found a Health & Social Care course which seemed interesting and relevant so have applied to study that. I did manage to join a domecillary care company on a 0 hours contract who I am still with but I am finding this m...
Hi I haven't written on this forum before but hoped someone might be able to help. My lovely mum died in March after an awful fiasco for a year of her being moved from hospitals care home to hospital to care home to hospital. All of which was dreadfully upsetting, prior to this I had been a dedicate...
This is probably turn into a rant but I will try to restrain myself. I think I can safely say that the last three months have been the hardest for a longtime if not ever. My mum, who it have been caring for for the last four years had a fall mid July resulting in a 999 call. She is 91, has a arthrit...
Thanks to all of you for your kind welcome. Now my mum is partly coming round from her ordeal I am finding that being a carer doesn't switch off. I am trying to,work with the medical staff without implying I don't trust them but my god it is hard to let go isn't it. I will take your advice though an...
Thank you all for your replies. I think it is the not know what will happen next that is the worse part. Bowlingbun I absolutely understand what you are saying. Ten years ago when mum was much more herself she broke her ankle and was in hospital and then recuperation care for a total of 3 months eve...
I am not sure whether I can still officially call myself a carer as my elderly mum who I have been caring for the last five years took a tumble in the bathroom on Monday and is now in hospital with a broken thigh bone. After the shock of both the fall and the op she had to have yesterday I have neve...