[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It is me again. My husband has been at the Health spa for five days now and says he has had treatments like massage but he lies - won't know until I see the bill. He is now in his room, as usual, lying on his bed and wants to come home and I said no as I need to spring clean and declutter and as it ...
Hello everyone. Your replies have been so useful and comforting. Thank you. Apologies front saying so earlier but I was swept away incoming with my husband. He lives in his PJ's, but now watches TV. He has a phobia about going out and that sensitivity to sound. Also he projects what is going on insi...
Hello everyone who has posted about living with an Asperger's husband. It is fairly recently I can see mine has this. He is socially inept, too pliable and gets exploited, and lacks emotional response which made me feel there was something wrong with me. In short a very long marriage has been a deep...
Hello Ellen, I havenever heard that word helicopters before but it is apt and rather comforting. I know exactly what you mean. None of my husband's family have helped me. Day in and day one one tries to cope but it is tiring and soul destroying. You are a kind kind person who is trying to help your ...
The psychosis is the worse part as I have cared for my husband for over a year now and get to the end of my tether not to mention energy. They will give your husband ante-psychotic medication and ant-depressessant. In our experience it has taken a year to get the right anti-psychotic. I would not wi...
I am trying to get a second wind because my husband's illness changes him into someone I do not know and as I am run down and discouraged it makes me depressed. I reckon I am just having a severe moan and groan and I have to say anger comes in to it too. He was always the gentleman and saw expressio...
That was such a helpful response to me. I cannot believe how helpful it was. I have arranged for my husband to go to a hospital which deals with his depression which is about his inability to express anger - always the Gentleman which cause so much anger as it is such a false self. He has agitated d...
Jenny, Many thanks for your pep talk and new views on this dreadful situation. I am going to go ahead to give my husband some time in a good hospital where he can get physio etc. My brother-in-law wanted him in a B&B near his flat when he really needs to stay with a family member. The separate rooms...
me again. Any comments on this experience: I go to a hypnotherapist to help me cope. She gave me a cd which has erie music on it. It has a visualisation and she said to use it daily. I put it on and it drove my husband nuts. I reckon this is the severity of his nihilistic stance. The idea behind the...
I am now not coping with my husband's severe depression. He seemed to get better, watched TV, read and now he is back in his bed in the dark clutching his face and being unresponsive. It causes irrational fear in me. I feel it is my fault, that I was never good enough. He is also one of those very s...