They are a huge issue mainly because I have had to give up a well paid full time job. I'm pretty sure we are getting everything we are entitled to now I went to cab who were great. Just pressure of debts taken on when we were in a different position. Thanks for the suggestion tho
And thanks bowling bun. Sorry i didn't see your last post for some reason until now. I am struggling with depression. I have had a couple of attempts at counselling but find it difficult as I can "see" the next question coming due to my mental health background. My GP has been brilliant and supporti...
I am new to being a full time carer having only recently taken the plunge and given up work to look after my husband who has had 2 strokes, a heart attack, and rheumatoid arthritis. I am only 47 and previously loved my job as a community nirse. My husband was very fit and healthy until his stroke hi...
Hi Helen The system is a nightmare and unfortunately gettig worse due to the extreme cuts and financial pressures put on social services. I was a community nurse prior to giving up to care for my husband a few months ago, so have seen the system struggling from the other side, but that doesn't make ...
Thank you mum who cares xxx
He does have a blue badge. Husband is an absolute sweetheart and I understand some of his refusal to accept disability. The most frustrating thing is we have no answers, which means we have no answers for the future. V difficult to plan our life. I was working as a community psychiatric nurse up unt...
No nothing from social services. Trouble is my husband struggles with the changes and doesn't want people to pity him. If he would accept a wheelchair we could get out more but he won't, he also seems to play down a lot of his problems when he sees the medics. Thanks so much for quick reply. Nice to...
Hi I am new to this forum, and getting to a point of feeling so alone. My husband had his first stroke 2yrs ago and made good recovery apart from a loss of peripheral vision (meaning he could no longer drive) he was only 64 and previously v fit and healthy. He then had a subsequent large stroke last...