[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>After over ten years of ill health during which time it became impossible to get life assurance for my husband, he did manage to take out a small insurance a few years before his health deteriorated which covered most of the cost of his funeral last November. The insurance company were very good ...
Just to update those who posted on this last month, my husband died last week. After a post mortem on Tuesday, the pathologist confirmed the cause of death as left ventricular failure - all consistent with the symptoms over the last two months. Thanks to all for the words of support.
<t>Today is my 53rd birthday. Just half an hour after he gave me my present - a book of Wainright's TV Walks - my husband suffered a cardiac arrest and died. He had been ill for several years and was clearly very poorly but it's still a shock. When I opened the front of the book, he'd written "I wil...
<t>I'm having a bad day, so please excuse the rant.<br/> <br/> My husband has multiple chronic illnesses but his heart is causing the most problems just now. After 9 hospital admissions in 12 months, two trips to Birmingham for surgery for stents and more outpatient visits than you can shake a stick...
<t>I don't know why I'm surprised. We had hoped to enable our daughter to claim as she's now 16 and helps look after her Dad while I'm at work. She's at college doing her A levels and can't get a part time job because her dad needs her at home while I work. I'm able to juggle my hours to fit her col...
Thanks everybody. I'll call the council and see how I get on. I'll keep you posted.
<t>My husband's health has deteriorated quite substantially and the shower is now impossible because our shower is too small for him to fit a seat in and the bathroom is too small for me to help. We gave up trying to get in and out of a bath years ago. With a bit of building work, we could fit a new...
I've been looking into this myself and found the direct.gov website quotes 21 hours of study are the cut off point. Is this not correct?
<t>One of the reasons my husband is alone all day when he really should be properly looked after is that I too have a mortgage and when I tried to give up work to look after him, the complications of claiming for mortgage payments defeated me. He's much too poorly to contemplate a move to a smaller ...
<t>I know this is a common problem for anyone, not just carers, but I could do with some inspiration from anyone who's managed to crack this one..<br/> Hubby has not worked for some 12 years after suffering a major heart attack. He's now got multiple chronic problems which means he's unable to do mu...