Hi. I have been officially caring for my mum 24/7 and receiving carers allowance for over five years. She lives with me, and my husband. Sadly, this year, my husband became seriously ill, and he too qualified for attendance allowance. In August he was rushed into hospital for 23 nights, and I had to...
Is anyone still monitoring this thread? It so rings true to me. I'm interested that now these posts are a year old, how your situation has progressed.
I know this is a couple of years later, but only just read the original post. At first I wondered if I'd written it myself in my sleep, but then realised I don't have any children, and I actually live with my mum, so am a full time 24/7 carer. Are any of you who originally commented on this post, st...
Thanks Chris, but I have already tried most of them. I googled it a couple of weeks ago. They are the usual story. They MAY have a vacancy, they'll confirm the week before!!
Hi everyone. At the end of my tether, been caring for my mum 24/7 for ten years now. She lives with my husband and myself. I do nearly everything for her, and she is very reliant on me, and hates when I'm not around. Aside from her physical disabilities, she has chronic anxiety, and excessive moanin...
Hi I'm so sorry this is nearly a year later, and am hoping you got everything sorted to your satisfaction by now. I don't think badly of you at all, as I am in exactly the same position, except my mum has other disabilities rather than dementia. I sometimes feel, like you, I can't take any more argu...
Any suggestions please. My mum bought a new double bed two months ago, all singing all dancing. It's electric, head and foot end adjust up and down etc. The problem arises cos now we are moving her to warden assisted flat, and there is only room for a single bed. So we have to sell the double, and b...
Couple of points I forgot to mention earlier. Firstly, and most importantly, I really do love my mum, and I am her only child. Secondly, I know I mentioned the severe anxiety, but lately this has manifested itself in the form of a food phobia I think. She lies awake nightimes worrying about the next...
Wow!! Those two replies were real eye openers. This site is amazing. I feel slightly less shredded now. I have read both replies thoroughly two or three times, and then again with my wonderful husband. Nothing will change overnight, everything is too deeply ingrained, but you have given me so much t...
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem I am having. I am full time, living full time with, carer for my mum. She is an 82 year old hypochondriac, with mental health issues, namely extreme debilitating anxiety issues. She goes into meltdown if I leave the house even. She can't ...