[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Had a phone call earlier from my GP surgery to book me in for the vaccine as they have me registered as my mums Carer, so can have vacc with Group 6 . So it does seem to be working . Roll on Monday ! That's good news Joanne. You must live somewhere nice and quiet for them to be looking at Group 6 a...
I've found this one dated 27th which maybe causing some concern/confusion. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-care-home-and-healthcare-settings-posters/covid-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/up...
Hi Mullington. Thanks for your response. I asked my GP surgery about Group 6 again yesterday and they said not yet. They thought it would be at least another couple of weeks. I am registered as a carer with the GP but am not sure how to register with NHS in case they start calling the next groups b...
Whether I wait for the Council or my GP to call me up now, I've no idea? I just know that on my GP's records I'm down as my mother's carer. It's a bit confused out there. You can say that again. In our town none of the vaccinations are being given at individual GP surgeries. It'll all being done th...
I think carers being offered the vaccine along with the person they care for is probably influenced by age. I am under 55 and in group 8 so quite a while for me to wait yet. If a carer is nearer in age to the over 80s, over 70s or clinically vulnerable it would make sense to vaccinate them at the s...
When the person you care for gets the call/letter. You can then request to attend the appointment as the same time. Stating as you have said YOU CARE FOR YOUR PARENTS Hi Sunny - I and others have found this not to be the case. After my local authority had phoned my mother (who I'm a paid carer for)...
I dare say a lot of it is "electioneering", all geared to appeal to the swing-voters. Always funny how these so called leaks always come just before an election. What a horrible bunch they are- on both sides of the house.
I currently get Carers' Allowance & Income Support. Will I be affected or should me and my mother jump off the motorway bridge now? :?
I think in these lean times of austerity and insecurity it's simply best to look after yourself and your dearest and nearest. I've never been an insular person but from recent experiences I'm certainly heading down that road now. Hope to see some of you on the other side if the economy ever picks up...
An update on my latest situation... I am now in the processing stage of the Debt Relief Order however overnight I have become a second class citizen according to the State. I am not classed as a Carer, according to them I am "unemployed" yet I'm not in receipt of JSA?. Apparently we aren't classed a...