[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Learning something new would be a lovely change and it's always good to do something for yourself too. I'm having a look at the OU who have a carers scholarship which gives free tuition fees if sucessful however I can't find anywhere what the implications of doing part time study are for the income ...
Tried them already and was told to try here
Hi, Just wanting a bit of advice about whether it's possible to study for a degree part time with the OU and still get carers allowance and income support. Anyone had any experience of this?
Hiya. I think it's pretty hard at the best of times but over the pandemic moreso. A friend suggested online speed dating which sounds pretty good (at least to meet new people to start with). Takes about an hour, do it from home and don't have to wear heels (bonus! lol).
Hiya all, If a carer gets income support and carers allowance as they care full time would they be able to continue with this if they started studying part time towards an undergraduate degree? I see that there's limited scholarships for unpaid carers that cover tuition fees however just wondering h...
Hehe. Here’s hoping all the candidates commit to it and we look forward to it actually coming into affect.

I haven’t kept up to date with the whole thread. But thank you.

Happy 2020 :-)
Woop woop! Finally just seen a piece on Twitter saying that some candidates for mayor of London will be offering free travel to a companion of some disabled people travelling with them. Fingers crossed.
Really intrigued which areas in the UK get free carer travel with the person they care for. Know it's definitely not happening in London.
Thanks to the recent one-on-one with Helena , CEO , we are now assured that the policy team have instructions from above , adding to Nikki's assurance back in December. One perverse argument that both fits in with present Government policy , and the lack of knowlege of what carers do / are , would ...
Taxis are defo a travel option however bro has a freedom pass for tubes and buses (so he should be able to travel free) and he can't use it unless a carer goes with him (me) to support him and that carer has to pay. It doesn't sit right with me that I should be out of further out of pocket when I'm ...