[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Welcome to the forum Drew. Its very difficult when you feel you are having to cope on your own. Hopefully now you have found the forum you won't feel quite so alone. Even you a fan of facebook it might be worth browsing some of the carers groups on there too. Is there a carers support service in ...
<t>Welcome to the forum Dave. It sounds liek you are having to a lot physically for your dad - has he had a recent Occupational Therapy Assessment. they would be able to advise re easier ways of lifting/moving him with less physical stress to you. They may also be able to recommend adaptations to th...
<t>I am new to being a fulltime carer - but I certainly wouldn't describe it as being rewarding. And or did I expect it to be. I am being a carer for my dad's benefit not mine. I am a great believer in positive thinking - but for me that doesn't mean ignoring the fact that sometimes life isn't fair,...
<t>Hi Vix. In addition to everything everyone else has also said, it sounds like it might be worth you going to see your GP as it wouldn't be at all surprising if you are suffering from depression at the moment. Also , is there a local carers support service in your area - as they are a good source ...
Thanks Sajehar - just knowing that other people feel how I feel helps - maybe I'm more normal than I thought, lol.
PS just notied you in Merseyside area - I grew up in Livepool Image
Not sure where was the best place to post this. Only a few weeks since I joined - and only a couple of months since I thought of myself as dad's carer. He was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in January. After falling out of bed over a week ago, he was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection...
<t>Hi Elsa. I'm a newbie here too, but there are lots of people here who can offer lots of help and support. You mentioned having to get the house sorted - have you had Occupational Therapy involved in assessments and possible adaptations. If not, ring your local council and ask them how to make a r...
<t>Thanks for the supportive and helpful replies. I am feeling the weight lifting off my shoulders already. I have also signed up to the Macmillan forum, and am in touch with Prostate Uk, so am in the process of getting lots of information about Dad's condition from them. I am hoping here is a place...
Just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hello" to everyone - I feel like I know some of you already from having read through quite a few posts. And its made me feel like I have found the place I need to be right now. In some ways I don't feel like a carer in the way so many of you are - having to j...