Yes, but it was about three years ago when we lived in another part of the country. Thanks for reminding me-- I'll talk to our GP.
Thanks for your reply! I do everything for the readings except actually using the lancet on Kit's finger. I know it's really important to get consistent glucose readings, but Kit's in constant pain (180mg codeine a day, 2000mg paracetamol a day, and naproxen, and all that just makes it bearable) and...
My partner has fairly severe diabetes, with pills and two kinds of insulin each day. The diabetic nurses want to change Kit's insulin levels, but they'll need several days' blood sugar readings. Kit is in so much pain day to day that this is very difficult. But the diabetic nurses and the district n...
Hello-- good to hear from you! At the moment I'm fairly cheerful, but that's more luck than a sign of whether things are going well or badly. I still don't have a great deal of control over my mood, though panic attacks are much rarer now and depressive spells are down to one every few months-- whic...
Hello, everyone. I'm a full-time carer for my partner Kit, who is also *my* carer. We live in Salford in Lancashire. Both of us are disabled and receiving PIP. My disabilities are mental (ADHD and PTSD), and Kit's are physical (fibromyalgia), so it mostly works. Before we both got too ill to work, I...