[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for that. It was so different when Dad died. He went suddenly and I had given birth to out youngest son just 4 weeks prior. I sobbed my heart out when he went. This time because looking after Mum had been so much hard work I think I shed a lot of tears when I was caring for her. I didn't real...
Thanks Minnie. I thought after a year all this would have past. It takes longer than you think. Yeah it did bring a tear to my eye but you are right. I'm always hard on myself and think I'm not good enough. I wish I could remember Mum before the horrid Alzheimer 's at the moment all I can see is her...
<t>Hi <br/> <br/> Does anyone out there reflect on their life as a carer and feel guilty and could have done better? It's been just over a year since Mum died but now and again I think about how I used to get so cross and frustrated with her and yes I did shout at her sometimes because she didn't un...
<t>It's interesting how all our replies are so similar. My Mum was in hospital when she died. Had only been in there a few hours and I was told to go home. It was 1o'clock in the morning and I really wanted to stay, but at the same time knew there was nothing I could do. I was in shock as everything...
<t>So sorry to hear about your Mum Suki. I know exactly how you feel. I too got very angry and frustrated with my Mum. She died Jan 17 2011 and I had and still have so much guilt going on yet I know I couldn't have done anymore. We care for people 24/7 and when that stops a huge gap is left and you ...
Hi Rosemary Everything you have said in your post today is so true to so many of us. Christmas will be hard this year as will January ( the month Mum died ) then next year it will be all the firsts e.g. Easter, birthday etc hopefully after that we will be able to feel a bit better about ourselves an...
<t>Hi<br/> Don't know what I did I wrote a reply but goodness knows where it's gone!!!! <br/> <br/> I'm like you Pamela it's been 10 months and I don't know whether it will all catch up with me eventually. I shed so many tears when I was caring for her. I do all the what ifs and maybe's and sometime...
Hi Minnie & Solange Been out of action for a few days Internet and phone went down. BT fixed it today it was corroded connection so at least there was no cost involved. The back is improving thanks still doing the exercises. Go back to see her next week so we shall see what she says. I know what you...
Hi Solange, I know what you mean about forgetting things I do start to worry that I may have the start of dementia!!! I think it's just going from doing so much and juggling too many balls to almost not doing anything. It's so difficult to learn to have a life again. Had some physio on my back this ...
<t>I know what you mean some days she would hold on to the arms as if she was frightened she would tip out. Don't know about you but I'm feeling it now with back and shoulder problems all that lifting and pushing! I think I'm now beginning to understand how frightened she must have been some days. T...