[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sitting Quietly, and any one else of us dealing with 'helpless carees', what about simply NOT coaxing/chivvying/reminding/pandering to them? What if we just left them to it, and got on with things for ourselves. Its a catch 22. Its part of our caring/carer role to look after them, especially with m...
Absolutely. I love my mum to bits but I do NOT love the dementia, her physical ailments or indeed the limitations it has placed on what is left of my life. I just have to remind myself that she doesn't love it either, quite the reverse. This rings many bells though. During the week when I am going ...
I have had one of these work focused interview after 18 months of my wife being on ESA and dla. It was quite funny really because the letter is worded very strongly that you must attend so as not to stop any entitlement. I contacted the local office and asked what it was all about and they also sai...
...your life has been taken over and is controlled by your carees... you are a prisoner in your own existence, burdened with a duty of care (and hopefully of love, too, though that is not always the case)... So the little flashpoints we experience are really only sparks coming up from the huge furn...
Wow. Thanks for the replies. It is nice to hear I am not alone and taking medication doesn't make me a failure.

It has taken me a long time to go to my GP and ask for help. If I am honest I really should have gone a long time ago, but was afraid too.
<t>My wife had no recollection of some of the things she used to do when 'having one of those moments'.<br/> <br/> I would sometimes tell her afterwards, or sometimes I would need to explain why something was broken.<br/> <br/> It serves no purpose to tell them. It wont prevent them doing it in futu...

Re:

does being difficult mean that we want the best for the people we care for, or is it that we are tired of being told that we dont understand by people who go home at five, dont do weekends and have never lived with the emotional rolla costa of emotions that come with caring fosomeone with mental he...
<t>It is so nice to know I am not alone. I have never used these forums until tonight.<br/> <br/> My wife has psychosis and other mental health issues. I am her carer, but I am not coping. She can be up and down, and while lately she has been up, you never know when it will all spiral downwards agai...
<t>Hi.<br/> <br/> Im new here. Ive been a full time carer to my wife for 7 years who has various severe mental health issues - and we have four children.<br/> <br/> I have been feeling very low for a long time and decided to seek advice from my GP who put me on Citilapram.<br/> <br/> I feel a bit gu...
<t>I am a carer for my wife who has several mental health issues including borderline personality disorder, depression and psychosis.<br/> <br/> I have been her full time carer for over 7 years and take responsibility for our 4 kids too.<br/> <br/> Life is very difficult, but we try to keep it as no...