[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi @Davidge62 Unfortunately this isn't unusual. When my Mum moved from hospital into a care home her needs were also re-assessed after a couple of weeks. You can't prevent the reassessment, but so long as you can prove (by virtue of your Mum's condition(s) that she requires nursing care, she should ...
Hi @Pam_2109 That sound very difficult for you, especially as you live considerable distance away. Do you know what is causing this belief your Mother has? Has she been diagnosed with any specific mental health condition do you know? There are many things which could cause someone to have delusions,...
Local Authorities are notoriously bad at sorting post discharge care packages out. Often the only option left to relatives is to refuse to have their loved one discharged from hospital until the care package is in place. The amount of running around and chasing up by phone that relatives have to do ...
Hi @Flutterbee Sundowning is a very difficult thing to cope with and my heart goes out to you. It's more distressing for the family looking after the person with dementia, as they will quickly forget what it was they were paranoid and angry about, but you won't of course. Please take a look at this ...
Hi @julie_2111 My Mum was prescribed Memantine when she was first diagnosed with dementia. As someone on the outside looking in, it's really hard to say how much it actually helped, but I always think that I don't know how much worse she would have been without it. I think if your Father can tolerat...
Hi @Rebecca_21031 You are right to be concerned about what will happen if your husband returns home, particularly if he is being aggressive over the phone. Just because he has mental health problems, it doesn't justify his abusive behaviour towards you. Please also check out:- https://survivorsforum...
@Sparky Welcome and thank you for such an honest and moving post; it must have taken a lot of courage to write it. I can see your situation from both sides of the coin, so to speak (I was my Mum's carer up until she died, still am my husband's carer, and have health problems of my own) including the...
Hi @ Susan_20121234
You might find the link below helpful as well.

https://www.cruse.org.uk/understanding- ... ory-grief/
Hi @Deborah_2111 I'm sorry to read that having left a bullying and controlling relationship, you have found yourself in a similar situation with your Mother. Of course I know nothing about your circumstances other than what you have written here, and I also don't know how big a part 'guilt' plays in...
Have today received by email the Carers Wales Autumn newsletter with links to the 'Track The Act' findings Key findings included: 54% of you had not been offered or requested a carer's needs assessment or had a review of an existing assessment in the last 12 months. 61% of you had not been given adv...