[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Im lone carer and havent been out of the flipping house for days. My darling daughter has enough on her plate with an autistic 3 year old and a part time job - I have to help her out with his care too.My son is trying hard to climb the ladder at work. At the moment I am totally down and fighting ...
I dread the winter too. Hubby seems to sleep more when its cold and cannot be left. When he feels fragile he sleeps on the couch so I can at least do my crafts but lets face it just how many things can you make. I have a house full of finished projects and have given many away to charities and such....
Just wanted to tell you all - there is hope !!! Our benefits have been re-instated http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_confused.gif After many many phonecalls updating the DWP on Hubbys condition - which has not suprisingly deteriorated - he got a letter to say the 'reconsideration process' decided ...
Maybe Marie Curie could arrange for someone to visit your Mum so she can see for herself what lovely people they are. Her experience of nurses is probably hospital ones who have to be very efficient and wake you up to take your meds http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_biggrin.gif The Marie Curie nur...
<t>You certainly are not alone, this is a wonderful place to get support. In fact its the one place I know that when someone says ' they know how you feel ' they mean it. I have had such nice comments when I have posted and feel better at being able to come here. So get it off your chest, we may not...
<t>Recognising you need help is a success not a failure - you are doing the best for all involved. Carers rarely take their own needs into consideration- or their health - until its too late and you are worn out. I hope you get everything in place and find time to sit and have a coffee with everythi...
Oddly enough I got a form today for 'Carers credits' they will pay the low rate National insurance for me - a whole new society of unpaid carers is being created. Please dont let this panic anyone, Im sure this is an isolated case and I will let you all know if we get the carers allowance re-instate...
Thank you all for your support, I don't often post on here but I do pop in every week to keep myself upto date.
Nice to see a programme with a positive message isnt it? Im sure it would be easy to lock yourself away after such a terrible injury but No Katie took on the world. And I agree the other Katie should be no ones role model!
<t>I though at first maybe it was a sick April fools joke but no - I am no longer a carer and my Husbands benefits have been cut all in the stroke of a pen. He is now in bed, distraught and sick to his stomach. Yes ,they say he can barely walk but the 24 hour care I give him is not needed and all th...