I paid this for many years. It is separate from health insurance although they were both paid together. I think it started in 1995, a special extra tax for long-term care, and I paid till this year, when I decided I am not going back. I can't reclaim my payments in. If you need care, you are then cl...
Yes, I accept it was entertainment and I accept the poetic licence. I just wonder how many people watch it and have their eyes opened, because this is not the sort of thing I could watch till the end. It surely could not show us. We would come over as complete idiots or fussing too much, just the wa...
I've been wondering since I saw the end of this yesterday whether any TV drama could have the effect of Cathy Come Home in these days when we are overwhelmed with information and documentaries. I don't think this was very effective, but I don't see how it could have been. It did not come over as tho...
Probably called a continence nurse. The one in our borough was hard to find, but did exist.
I have a keysafe for when my brother was bedridden and I have never heard of anyone having the code except those I gave it to. It was not on any database. Of course, this is just my experience. Once a carer was dismissed and we were told to change the keycode. It is quite easy to change. I think I f...
Hi Ron, This is dreadful. If your parents are incapable of looking after themselves the Continuing Healthcare should be granted. You say there was an assessment done three weeks ago - who said he does not qualify? If there has been a decision made jointly with social services and NHS and your input,...
I say go for the PhD. Why should you give up something you want to do and get enjoyment from in order to be a better parent for your sons when you would probably be a better one in the long run if you don't give up your projects? I also reject the suggestion that your PhD is only of value if it can ...
I would have known this a few years ago but now forgotten. I suppose you have looked at the Coloplast website?

https://www.coloplast.co.uk/simpla-prof ... en-gb.aspx
Best wishes for the future, Jenny. I'm sorry for all you have been through and hope the relief outweighs the sadness.
Hi Gary, It does sound like there will be ongoing problems and if you are booked to go away on holiday within this six-week period I think it is the best time. Even if you are not 100% happy with the care company, they have more responsibility within the six weeks than may be the case in future. It ...