Sophie, the situation is in the UK, isn't it? And you and your husband live in the US? This bit of your message is unclear: "Unbelievable owners us( we live in the US) ..." I suppose it has been mangled by the spellchecker. It is an incredibly difficult situation. Assuming it is in the UK, I wonder ...
I like the idea of hiring one to try out. One of my brothers was desperate to get out and bought himself a new mobility scooter - he was envious of my other brother who had a leg amputation and used one all the time - but he could not hold himself up on it upright properly. We had three mobility sco...
Hi Elizabeth, It really does sound as if you have been massively exploited over the years. At the same time you have at least reached a point where you are learning to put yourself first. I hope others with more experience will advise you here soon. My advice would be to change your phone number! Do...
Mrs A, scroll down to 'Style over Substance'. Of course, that only helps those who still know what's coming.
My brother had it at home. We had two carers four times a day both before and after he was accepted for continuing healthcare.
Yes, the careworkers may be prepared to reheat home-cooked food - worth a try. I did not actually try it because brother was a fussy so-and-so and whereas for myself alone I am happy to reheat something I had once, this did not work there. The careworkers also used to say they were not allowed to of...
I have no doubts as to the nutritional quality of Wiltshire Farm Foods, and they are convenient and definitely worth trying. However, both my caree and I found them bland and uninteresting. I think the foxes liked them. Here is a thread on Mumsnet (hope I may post it) where more people reply and opi...
By the way, careworkers are not allowed to reheat home-cooked food, only bought food.
When my brother still had an appetite, we tried Wiltshire Farm Foods because they offered single portions which the carers could microwave. There aren't many of those on the high street. Chilled foods had the problem that if he didn't want them, they would not be eaten before their use-by date. Anyt...
Yes, that sounds right, Henrietta. If you can do it online and get confirmation from witnesses then it must be the safest way to go. I have not had that problem as my brother did a PoA years before we needed to use it.