That is an American site and it is just reviewing its own products.
Hi Sarah, Thanks for the further information. It is very difficult if you have a useless social worker. I know all about that! I think that your specific carers should be changed, so is the care company manager useless too? I was always aware what a strain they were all under, and that I might appea...
Hi Sarah, In the past we had to change a care company - surely if the current care company is not behaving correctly your parents could change to another, or is it difficult in their area? Private care should not be the only option. I assume your parents do not have so much in savings that they can ...
You won't have upset anyone, Michael, and some members are from Scotland. It just needs to be sorted out what the situation is. I'm sorry for your situation.
Jenny, Helen joined the forum yesterday evening, it says by her name.
Hi Linda,
Can the relative ask their own doctor/consultant for more details? It varies so much from case to case that that is usually the best information.
We have a wet room which was installed so my brother, who was bedbound, was wheeled into it on a shower chair on wheels, like a wheelchair (he died last year - I'm an ex-carer). There is a folding seat attached to the wall too. The door had to be widened to get the big shower chair in, so instead of...
Yes indeed, Mrs. A - I'm not suggesting annuities, I'm suggesting consulting a solicitor to see what possibilities there are that we do not know about and that are tailored to Paul's situation.
Just to be negative too, I agree with Jenny that the seven-year rule does not apply to deprivation of assets. That is, if you were to transfer your house to your daughter and live another seven years, there would be no inheritance tax payable on it. But the council can say that you deliberately depr...
Helena, It's true the red colour can stay. So if he were going into hospital for IV antibiotics for cellulitis, I would suspect (but don't know) only a few days, but since he isn't, I can't offer any opinion at all as to how long he might be in hospital. My cellulitis is very mild but persistent, bu...