Hi Stephen,
I don't understand what you mean and what you are referring to. I'm glad the forum has been so useful for you. For me too, now an ex-carer.
Rumours that Chris from the Gulag is a humourless robot are not true!
Just from my own memories - my brother had CHC for carers at home, so I have no experience of care homes or nursing homes. I understand you must absolutely not be required to pay top-up fees. I would not think you will necessarily get CHC from what I read here (it's a postcode lottery too). I do not...
Hi Nigel, I have no direct experience of this procedure so I don't know what your contact with the court is, but I would write to them explaining the facts as you have here, and copy this to DWP, and send DWP the photo and explanation that it was signed for. I think as far as the court is concerned,...
I half-saw it but have now looked on iPlayer and find it was from 8.09 to 8.16. And repeated later I think. I don't expect much of breakfast TV and I think this was not too bad actually. It was totally focussed on a Barbara Bennett, who gave up work to look after her father. She will have made a big...
I am wondering if he has committed criminal offences.
The diagram looks useful but it is for the USA, isn't it? Rx apparently means 'prescription'.
Very good, Henrietta. Best of luck with it.
Yes, sorry, Pet and Ambie - I overreacted to that. I am a bit touchy about the use of 'we' on forums.
Ambie, have you seen how long this thread has been going and who started it? Perhaps you shouldn't say "Keep talking to us here" before you know that!
Your kindness is appreciated though.
Hi - I'm not an expert of this but have you read the power of attorney document itself to see if it entitles you to appoint a substitute attorney, or in fact what it says about the situation where you stop acting? I thought about this when I did one for myself recently and I appointed a friend plus ...