It may well be different for men and women. In our case it was not urinary incontinence because my brother used a Conveen. It was also not the quality of the pads but the size - he needed extra large ones. It took over a year to even locate a continence nurse - I only found one because a neighbour a...
Hi Stephen,

I was trying to help. No need to be nasty!
Just an ex-carer butting in here. If the nurse told you these are the best pads they offer, this will be true. My brother had to pay for all his pads himself because the NHS ones were not big enough. The NHS ones were delivered free and they were of some use, but not enough. I don't think it's true ...
I think my reply was confusing. It was the first when I posted it - sunnydisposition's was not shown to me. When I wrote 'I can't see that being right' I meant that the words of the care agency were not right - I was replying directly to Rosalie. I was not disagreeing with sunnydisposition.
I can't see that being right. The friend was authorized by you as you weren't there. She was surely entitled to ask about the care and look into the notes. I suppose it might be worth it for you to be the person who actually spoke to the next carer, but that's just how it comes over to me. Let's see...
Amble, you can easily buy old copies of those books. They sound fun. Go to abebooks.co.uk and enter Sue Barton in the title field. Currently the cheapest is Sue Barton, Rural Nurse, for £2.79 and free postage within the UK. Sue Barton Student Nurse unfortunately costs £4.90.
Hi Debbie, I am very sorry to read this and I will reply now, though others will be around later with perhaps different advice. May I ask how old your mother is? I have no experience of arranging tube feeding. I do have experience of my brother who was bedridden for the last years, gradually lost hi...
Hi Geoff,
The posts you're replying to are two years old, so presumably the situation has now been resolved (or not).
Exactly! Only yesterday I was reading your posts and thinking how helpful they were, telling it how it is but also how to deal with it. A bad loss.
It was longer!