Dear Jeff Thanks for your reply to my post. I hope you are coping. In your post, you asked how I am doing, and the answer is that I am not really sure! Each day is different, and i still think of mum all the time. This year has been more difficult than I could ever have imagined. I miss mum, every d...
Dear Poppet, Jenny, Susie, big bear, Bowling Bun, I just logged in tonight, for the first time in ages, and I wanted to thank you for your kind words, which were such a comfort to me at a time when I literally did not know if I was going to make it through the day. I read your messages months ago, b...
Hello Sorry to whinge here again, but I don't have Anyone else to turn to. My mum died last month after a long period of ill-health, during which I was her sole carer. I lived with her for two decades, providing higher with increasing levels of care. I did this willinglybecause I loved her. I dealt ...
Dear Anne, I am so sorry for your loss, and I identify absolutely with your comments. My mum died last Wednesday, and words cannot express how bereft I feel. She was my main ally in life, the one person who I knew I could rely on absolutely. Even in her later years, as her physical strength waned, I...
Hello all I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I've received a lot of good advice here over my years as a carer, and I'm hoping you can help me again. I look after my mum, who has dementia, COPD and diabetes. She currently has a chest infection, and I called the doctor out today. When he was here, he ask...
<t>Hello all<br/> <br/> I'ma bit of a lurker here, but I have received a lot of good advice here in the past, so I thought I would try again!<br/> <br/> This seems like such a small problem compared to other people's, but I am so bored.I care for mum who has dementia and a lot of other health issues...
<t>Hi <br/> <br/> With regard to your mother putting on clothes which aren't fresh, perhaps it's best that you ask her for them at night when she is going to bed?<br/> <br/> I had the same problem with my mother for a while, and I found the best option is to try to incorporate this into daily routin...
<t>Hello Sally<br/> <br/> I'm not a regular poster here, but your post struck a chord with the way I have felt many times over the past few years. <br/> <br/> I have been caring for my mother to an ever-increasing extent over the years, to the extent where I feel I have two full-time jobs! I work fo...
<t>Hello <br/> <br/> I wonder if there is anyone who can give me some advice on any help that is available in Scotland?<br/> <br/> I've been somewhat caring for mum for a long time, but it is only since her dementia diagnosis 2 years ago that I have had to take over all the decision-making for her a...
<t>Dear all<br/> <br/> Thank you for all for your responses to my original posting. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond but I've not had much time to get online recently.<br/> <br/> As is usual with these things, I feel as if I am on a rollercoaster! When I posted my original message, mum w...