<t>A ONE OFF PAYMENT OF £8000....INSURANCE?????<br/> <br/> I CANT EVEN AFORD MY WEEKLY HEATING BILL...GET REAL ....ALSO GEORGE...HAVE YOU EVER TRIED GETTING MONEY FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY....IF YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PREMIUMS....ITS VITAL THAT LOCAL AUTHORITY MAINTAINS CONTROL ...
<t>george....if you do the maths ...six million carers at £240...x52.....is £74880 million...which i think is £75 billion....not £87 billion so even at your suggested level of remuneration, the government would still make savings, therefore your argument is still negated by the fact that...
try visiting this site for more information http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/index.php UTI's definitely have a very negative effect on my mothers vascular dementia, it is also worse when she is tired, stressed etc i'm no medic but my understanding is that vascular dementia is the result of damage t...
done ...best of luck, hope your dissertation earns top marks
<t>dear harripea<br/> <br/> in the case of my friend...its not dementia but genuine forgetfulness....she actually runs a dementia unit....although i do worry about inheriting dementia as there is a family history on both sides of my family....if/ when it does occur no-one will notice any difference ...
<t>dear susie q<br/> <br/> your comment reminded me about a friend from church being gently ribbed about having a 'cool phone'....thinking it was a new all-singing, all-dancing touchscreen must-have new phone .....i asked what kind it was ....she explained that her partner had gallantly informed the...
oops sorry gemini...i forgot my manners...i did mean to say welcome...really i did....but i forgot....welcome to the forum.....now wot did i do wi the sanity jar...
ooh the jam jar idea sounds just the ticket...wot wiv the history of dementia on both maternal/paternal sides of the family, ...i might just need a wee stash of sanity...just in case my luck runs true to its usul form
try visiting the Alzheimers society website on www.alzheimers.org.uk for lots of relevant information on types of dementia, symptoms etc ...sorry to hear about the climbing accident and the resultant broken ribs....whilst it does look bad, the sad fact is that unlike you, many hospital staff don't r...
<t>I was at the numpty hut (the Scottish Parliament) recently and heard the Health Minister say (in reply to a motion in support of carers)...one of the main difficulties is identifying who is a carer so we cant allocate funds etc.....<br/> <br/> so i would like to see a national scheme whereby care...