[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for the info Rosemary...I didn't know that.

Thanks to everyone else who answered...I think perhaps I should rethink the mileage allowance as I don't want the carers to be out of pocket.

Rachel
<t>Hi all, <br/> <br/> Out of interest how much would you say is a fair amount to pay for mileage/petrol allowance per carer?<br/> <br/> The reason why I ask is because I've noticed that some domiciliary care agencies do not charge mileage/petrol and some do. I thought we were paying a reasonable am...
<t>You have described my previous care agency to a tee Parsifal.....it might even be the same agency!!! lol <br/> <br/> These so called 'carers' told my mother what was best for her and what their goal was!!! They caused so much stress we could only tolerate them a few weeks. I politely (but firmly)...
At the moment I am using two types of care providers. One is a well known national care agency who are good. The other is a private carer who is very good. The national company says they CRB the applicants before they send the staff and I believe they do. I didn't ask for a CRB for the private carer...
<t>Just a quick question. <br/> <br/> One of the staff from the temporary care agency I employ for personal care has entered a statement in the written notes which was false and damaging to my mother. The care agency now wishes to remove the document from the premises but what about if it gets lost ...
<t>Pamr: Yes, the neighbours are a problem, one of them in particular is always finding fault but I guess that's what it's like in small villages. She is always telling me to put my mum in a home too...she may think she is giving good advice but sometimes I wish she would keep it to herself. <br/> P...
<t>I was just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice please. <br/> <br/> After many months of stress and anxiety (stress from caring itself as well as awful standards from the previous carers) I have finally found a domiciliary care agency for my elderly mother who I think are really good. T...
<t>Hi Meg,<br/> I can relate to your story. Mum has the onset of dementia and she too gets distressed at strangers ... sometimes even members of the family if she haven't seen then for a few weeks. I do understand the their predicament but it's a business arrangement and for the amount of money I am...
<t>You made a good point about you wouldn't take your children to work at the supermarket or any other workplace. I freelance part time and I can just imagine my client's face if I took my children with me. <br/> <br/> On one hand I do understand how hard it is for working mums but as you say, it's ...
<t>Hi all,<br/> <br/> I am in a bit of a dilemma and if anyone could offer me any advice I would be grateful. <br/> <br/> I employ a private care agency to administer personal care to my elderly mother and a couple of months back I was shocked to find the carer (also the owner of the agency) had bro...