[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi I am one of life's pessimists but am going to try and challenge that with positive thinking http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif it's free and worth a try...... I particularly liked the comment and .. Failure is not an option... I was just starting to think it was and reading that and th...
<t>Hi Charlie<br/> <br/> I am pretty new here so welcome<br/> I can kind of relate to your frustration I live with my mum with moderate Alzheimer's and I work to ... Some days mum is great lets me wash her ... Takes her tablets then the next flat refuses and it becomes a 2 hour job to get her to tak...
<t>Hi Primrose<br/> I am new too so thought I would say hi. I live with my Mum who has moderate Alzheimer's but work full time. Could you speak with the social worker mine managed to sort a service called adults supporting adults they either sit with mum or take her out for 6 hours a week and provid...
<t>Hey guys thanks so much it helps to know others around like me... Good news today based on lab tests of mums urine they have prescribed anti biotics as she has higher than normal blood in her urine she has ultra sound on 1st so it may rule things out that's if she lets them do it she flat refused...
Hi Shewolf and Juneo Thanks for reading and yes I feel better already just from one post it's good to know others are experiencing similar issues. I wash Mum every morning but due to working am not here to wash every time she uses the toilet when well her hygiene is pretty good but it declines once ...
Hi Frito

Yes am going to ask for a review of care plan and yes spare rooms so that is a good option thank you Image I think the dr will prescribe the anti biotics it's just the battle to get them in the interim that's starting to wear thin but we keep going
Hi SussexRokx Thanks for reading your parrot has made me smile:-) Relief I am not alone on the uti situation they are very wearing for Mum and for us as carers am sure Dr will sort it just seems to be a battle at the moment as they are wanting to check with ultra sound etc but in the interim they ke...
<t>Hi Frito<br/> <br/> Thank you for your welcome I have tried respite before but Mum digs in her heels and flat refuses to go ( she has always been a strong person something I love and admire) I am going to commence day care again next week to see how she goes in the hope she will enjoy it and buil...
Hi Christine I am new too love your poem says so much. I care for my Mum with moderate Alzheimer's alone so can relate. My life sounds like some if the other posters I work full time and have a very understanding employer my days are usually impacted upon by the drama's that caring brings thanks for...
Hi I care for my mum with moderate Alzheimer's I work full time too. I love her to bits and wouldn't not care for her but I feel so guilty if I go away for a few days even though I put extra care calls in. I am due to go out the country for 3 nights in a couple of weeks and always get so worried. Th...