Hi Tracey
If there is nothing written in the contract then they can do as they please if they have left the company. If they are just working for other clients then perhaps the agency realised it was time for a change of stff to stop this sort of thing happening?
It sounds as though the carers have been less than professional in the past. There is a distinction between providing a family member with support and advice and becoming a personal friend. After having employed agency staff myself for the best part of ten years and worked in the care industry mysel...
Now I have time to think about things I am realising things have gone missing from the house, nothing valuable but old things - an old dressing table set and a fancy smokers pipe. Goodness knows what I haven't noticed yet and not sure how long ago they were taken, definitely seen both since dad was ...
You are ok if someone living there is over 60 but any younger beware of being made homeless after all your efforts. I only had a close shave because my father passed away, if he had lived another year or 2 I could have found myself homeless. Carers beware .If I can give back anything to this wonderf...
I used to think B of Poole were quite generous giving a grant of £300 to spend how you liked so I eeked mine out by staying somewhere cheap . At the end of my 10 years of caring though, they would happily have taken my home of 50 years away from me to put in their own coffers! Carers beware !
I'm fairly sure only one of you will be able to claim CA and so you must decide which of you and share it out between you. You've mentioned mum is needing end of life care so perhaps look into hospice care or consider if she may be entitled to CHC funding. I found it virtually impossible to get anyo...
[/qThe solicitor said that, despite this, she felt that there is every likelihood that they would still disregard it, because of the length of time we have lived thereuote] Not if you have a council are as heartless as Borough of Poole I lived in same house as Dad and was under 60 but had been born...
Hi Tracey That is standard practice with agencies I'm afraid, the company I work for make it's staff sign to say they will not have any contact with clients for 6 months after leaving the agency and any contact with client while still working for agency needs to be approved by office. Partly insuran...
Thank you BB - I will check that one out. :D
Hi Mrs A Thanks for suggestions , our council give out a leaflet on services they provide for carers and other people to so I thought I would try my luck thinking they would be reasonable. The decorating price was £25 per hour and when the room has been done before it is well over a weeks work. That...