Hi Amy Welcome to the forum and sorry you have had no replies, I nearly relplied when I first read your post but thought my advice would sound too harsh as I'm now a former carer so perhaps a bit chastened by it all. You sound a very kind person but you are so young to comit to a lifetime of caring ...
I had loads left over as I like to buy in bulk and be ready for anything. I must have spent a small fortune on them but they seemed more of a challenge to get rid of than I anticipated. I decided not to give them to the care home, District Nurses or the care agency as no one could be bothered to go ...
On to a new plan this morning Mrs A and last night it swung round to a bungalow on the Isle of Wight. Today I'm back to decorating and lodgers with family tree research. This evening I will probably be back in Devon in my head but rest assured pole dancing hasn't yet reached the top ten of my master...
I found myself in that position when I was caring for Dad and the d/ns advised me to never take dad to the drs surgery but to always book home visits and say I couldn't get him in the car or I would loose the home visits. I only ever took him out just after the nurses had been so I knew we had a cle...
Thanks BB
I'm not looking to loose that much of the house at the moment. The heating is partly for me as my electric bills are always through the roof.
Thanks for the Roomster tip- I will have a look.
Do you need insurance just for a lodger- it would be a lodger and not a tenant.
Yes Retro LOL
Hi BB Thanks , I've got a really old fashioned suite of heavy 30s/40/50s furniture in there- not really sure of date- I think mum said they bought it new when they got married so 50s but by just looking I would say it was earlier- heavy double and single wardrobes with walnut finish to it and I was ...
Thanks all for your replies, I'm getting frustrated - working for others and being with colleagues again after having my independence whilst caring. The master plan is not a house move but getting to where I want to be- mostly self sufficient, stress free and at home with dog. I think my 5 to 10 yea...
It's only a 3 month job and I started it pretty immediately after losing dad - it's not part of the master plan, and not helping my brain at the moment.
Going dippy and potty- is this stess from grief or menopause ? I keep doing really daft things - forgetting which work car park I left the car in, asking if someone has picked something up because I can't see it and I'm standing there holding it, looking for glasses that are on the top of my head, f...