Hi Butterfly, I would save it all up until you no longer need their support, no point in being enemy number one when you want them to help you. Just record things that you might wish to quote at a later date. You will get the satisfaction of writing it down anyway :) No harm in letting them know tha...
Dad had a home visit from "The Outside clinic"-They come with a selcetion of frames to choose from once test is complete.

http://outsideclinic.co.uk/
Hi Mary- happy digging into the past day :D I love all the things you find along the way, sadly all my own research has really been extracted fully by now (started in the early 90s) . There's another possible book in that direction , but none of them were very exciting- miners and other occupations ...
Hi Diane Not detracting from anything said previously but just offering a little light at the end of the long dark tunnel. Dad was discharged with "delerium", spent a couple of weeks yelling at interemediate nurses and carers once he was home, refusing all care, steadily bit by bit, he has become le...
I started to listen to it and then I heard them saying something about the people with assets over £23250 having to start o pay some of the care bill for care at home - or words with that implication. I decided to switch off at that point.
Definately worth a watch but for most of us reading this forum with an interest in the subject, it is probably a case of "after the horse has bolted".
Sorry- yes I knew that was what was happening in this instance, hence my comment about red tape, it just seems the LA is acting as middle man if Rosemary's mum is still ultimately picking up the bill.
If your mum is a private client they should be billing directly , either weekly, monthly , fortnightly or monthly whatever has been arranged. I think involving the LA is an extra obstacle and more red tape to get through.
The company I use for Dad and the company I work for both use the same system- an app on mobile phone for the carer to click start time on arrival and end time on leaving. Nothing for client to do. I've never known anyone to abuse the system from either side of the fence- works very well.
When I had the particularly bad caring company for the brief period dad was CHC funded, one of the carers was a 6' 5" strapping young man. I asked him to clean the top of the fridge (a pretty average normal height of fridge freezer) and he said he wasn't allowed to stretch that high!!!!! The same co...