Hope you have a lovely holiday. Do try not to worry and empty your head as best you can of Dad thoughts. Your posts do make me smile, your Dad so similar in attitude to some of my Dad , a generation thing, a dementia thing, a growing up in the war thing, a being parent and knowing best thing. He mea...
I've also had crackly phone problems solved by the replacing the internet thingumy bob described above
I've had a look at this more closely and it definitely is worth doing. From the figures you have given earnings £150.00 per week are over the allowable earnings of £116 per week by £34.00 You therefore need to pay double the difference into a pension fund so tatal pension contributions you personaly...
Don't forget if you put £100 into a personal pension you get £25 back on it so becomes £125.00. Definitely worth doing- not sure my figures are bang up to date but something like that.

Edited £20 not £25 as now 20 %
That's a difficult one, I think it would probably result in a best interests meeting and I think then that even with Health POA you may be over ridden but with others on your side it may be easier to fight. Can your mum manage some things for herself or does she need high end personal care such as d...
Hi Keeley
Welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around and join in the chat. It's a great place to pick up tips, get vital help, let off steam and generally make a few on line friends at the same time.
Oh yes that too ! :lol:
A bit different in my case as I lived with Dad before the caring began but in the same house it is all consuming as care needs increase. You may end up with all sorts of OT goodies to accomodate, wheelchairs, zimmer frames, hoists, hospital beds, alarms. You may find yourself having broken sleep bei...
Oh I see why you want to go away now, that makes sense. Is it not possible for your son to come over to you? I still think the practicalities may prove too trying. I think the lets just see how things work out approach is probably best. Glad you have been in touch with the renal department.
Hi Graziella When you are going through the care plan (assuming you are self funding?) you need to spell it out -be specific and make sure everything is recorded . Do not be fobbed off- there are some very lazy agency staff and in general terms the more you pay the better the company. If you have th...