Hi Felicity, just caught the end of this thread and sadly I think the answer must be no to protect yourself from acusations of fraud and safeguarding. You do need to go through official channels and get POA if possible and if not go through court of protection. Is tehre any chance your mum has enoug...
Hi Jaqceline it gets tough at this stage. You need to be strict about your priorities, sorry not read the whole thread but push for CHC funding , if not push for funded nursing as even if you pay for care home perhaps the nursing element could be funded (more or less like having district nurses visi...
Hi Alison I think the provision of paid for care will be more likely based on a financial assessment than on your mum choosing to stay in bed. Does your mum have more than £23,000 (yes/no) of savings in a bank? Does she own or rent the family home and is it in joint names with your dad or one of the...
Thank you very much everybody, Joan -not sure what "Roman" blinds are? I've always had fabric curtains hanging in my stoneage igloo and I am being bombarded by people telling me to get rid of them and time to modernise. The plumber put in narrow Venetian blinds which are ok but I like them rolled up...
A rather random question but trying to do some research. What do you have in your bathroom, e g frosted glass, blind, vertical, venetian, pull down, shower curtain, fabric curtain , nets etc etc?
Hi Claire
Is this a relative or friend you are caring for?
Hi Leigh Speak to your parent's GP surgery and get yourself listed as carer with the GP. This makes life easier regarding communication and getting information further down the road. Perhaps you are one of the fortunate few where money is really no issue but if you are typical of many and just comfo...
Hi Olivia, You may well already have found it but if not please do look up the Alzheimer's Society's forum called Talking pOint. They deal with all types of dementia including early on set and reading through some of these threads will give you a better idea of the type of care needed that may lie a...
I may be out of date but looking back to my office days , when I received copies of POAs , people only ever sent in the page with the relevant bits, and signatures on it not the whole bundle. Maybe times have changed?