Hi Pet, sorry you are really going through so much, could the potassium be linked to kidneys? I think I read a lot about potassium levels when I kept googling about kidney disease.
So sorry to read your news Londonbound, be kind to yourself. So difficult sorting through his belongings but good you will be helping others with contents.
Hi Pauline That's pretty much what happened to me. I've stayed put but spent a year doing up the house to get lodgers in to help pay for the upkeep. I wouldn't say life is easier post care, just different . Life goes on and you will manage, there are different options, none of them ideal but try not...
Thanks Chris
I am wondering if someone can fly after they have had a stroke ? Do they need a medical certificate and does it depend what country they fly from? From Europe?
Hi Rebecca

Maybe it would eb worth contacting Relate for some professional support?

https://www.relate.org.uk/?gclid=CjwKCA ... VQQAvD_BwE
Hi Stephen Sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis. I completely agree with Pet in that Vasc Dementia is far less predicatble than Alzheimers both in time scale and symptoms. When you consider that it is caused by vascular events in the brain, it can affect any area of the person or personality. My...
Hi Pet, Sending hugs at such a hard time, no doubt you will have a mixed bag of emotions but you can have no doubt you have tried everything possible and been there every inch of the way for your husband. Even the end stage palliative phase can vary enormously. I care for a client who was declared e...
Hi kmarial95 Welcome to the forum and glad you have found us before you become even more consumed with caring. As parents get older we find our roles as "children" changing to that of being the "grown up" and with both parents in separate locations you simply won't be able to meet all their wants. I...
Ah I see, don't forget the pitfalls- paying pensions for them, cover when they need holidays etc but if you can get it working- what a big saving :D