Great idea Susie- having a pet -in my case the mad dog lady gives you an identity again. Instead of being Dad's daughter I am now double dog mummy. Just another idea on th esame line- I now do support work for a young lady with learning needs. Like you said I think it fulfills that being needed and ...
I've joined a gym this week- they were doing a good offer of £20.00 per month for normal gold memebership which gives access to swimming, classes and gym and it is fairly near. I had a one to one with a special coach with expertise in body mechanics and was really interesting and helpful . This is p...
Greta I think if the land is registered and is taken over by a neighbour they have no legal right to it no matter how many years they maintain it. I think the span for legally obtaining land if not challenged was 20 years but only on unregistered land. I am no expert - this is a mixture of property ...
Hi Janice That's an interesting one, my Dad was s elf funding and was provided with a profiling bed at home by the OT and provided by the NHS supplier free of charge. I think sometimes the nursing element can be funded even for self funders in care homes so they only pay for the social care side. I ...
Yes what Ayjay says. Make sure you register at GP surgery as formal carer and ask GP to confirm it.
Hi Dee

I will PM you, check your in box
Getting an SSE one fitted later this month just fo relectric. Hope it goes ok.
Hi Alison Sorry to hear of your situation. You haven't mentioned the word "Dementia" in your description of MIL. If you have not considered this please do research it -google early signs of dementia. It won't solve your problems but it may keep that personal resentment of a loved one at bay. https:/...
I'm campaigning on single issue so hopefully someone else will pick that aspect up
I've taken the chance to push my one woman campaigne of adult children carers under 60 potentially loosing their family home.