I had to smile Paul, your Dad is still worrying about you even if it he has a strange way of showing his parental responsibilities! It reminded me of Dad watching me in whirlwind mode with no sleep chasing my tail and telling me that I need to sit down more or I will make myself tired. Have a fab br...
Have you thought about Power of Attorney for finances so that only you can authorise expenditure?
Hi Martin I don't post so often on here any more but I felt that I needed to reply to you as I was in almost the reverse position so I can really identify with you. I cared for my Dad with dementia for his last 10 years or so once he needed more help with various ailments. I lost my mother at a youn...
Obsessions, selfishness and lack of empathy-dementia. Dementia is NOT all about forgetting things.
It is never easy to "care" for anyone with dementia but you need to find a way of managing your own responses to stay sane.
Hi CIDVP So sorry to hear of your situation but a word of warning. Please if you and your husband are both under 60 it is important to realise that the family home could be sold to pay for any residential care that FIL may need in the future. If he has Alzheimers there is a good chance he may need r...
If grandparents own the house then yes the house could not be sold if uncle lives there and is over 60. You mentioned the council taking the house- if granparents are council tenants then completely different rules apply but if you ment social services taking hgte house to pay for care then it shoul...
Hi Snowhyte I;m not sure that you have heard about the magical age of 60 in relation to selling the famioly home so just a word of warning . If in time both your grandparents become so infirm as to need residential care their home could be sold to pay for their care needs and with care costing anyth...
Yes I agree Pet same with Dad who had VDem

Back to Paul- also the miserly money "won't spend my gold as saving for a rainy day" syndrome plus constant pestering phone calls plus inability to have any empathy , constant moaning and not wanting to go out himself- all classic signs Paul.
Hi Paul I think it is worth saying again that I think your Dad is showing early signs of dementia . I know his attitude to his grandchildren is upsetting but that is one of the signs of dementia. Your Dad's world is shrinking, the people who he is acknowledging are shrinking down to the nearest , de...
Glad the service went to plan , pace yourself with the days ahead.