[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Every day I used to wake up thinking, "This is impossible, this is impossible." You just keep on going and going and then the impossible happens. Frustration and anger is common and I empathised how confused he must be but eventually my son began to make sense of his voices, visions and unusual beli...
Hi Debra I spent over 18 months supporting my son through similar experiences. You go through immense chunks of time where you’re thinking, “This is impossible. This is impossible. Oh – this is really impossible.” And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible. My son...
Hi Stephanie It's a terrible place to be in when you know your child better than anyone else but you feel unheard or disbelieved. You are not alone. My son developed a physical illness on top of his psychosis and I don't think I was fully believed until he collapsed and ended up in intensive care fi...
Great Youtube you shared!!
Please share anything else you come across.
Anna x
Hi Stephanie
I have put up a new post about Open Dialogue with links so you can read as much or as little as you like about it. I found it a gradual process to take on board the whole process.
Hope you find it helpful and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Anna x
Open Dialogue is an approach to acute psychiatric crises developed by Jaakko Seikkula, Markku Sutela, and their multidisciplinary team at Keropudas Hospital in Tornio, Finland. This is the psychiatric model used in Tornio and the results are amazing!!! After 5 years (1992 – 1997) of Open Dialogue tr...
Attending a conference today in London about an alternative approach to psychosis through a dialogical approach with families and the person's network. Lots of family members and carers are here and are excited to learn about 'Open Dialogue' in the UK. Will post further references about this approac...
Hi Stephanie, This might be something you could suggest to the Early Intervention Team to do some work in schools educating staff and pupils about psychosis. There is an excellent service in London who support children voice hearers. They may be able to advise you on how to deal with your son's scho...
Hi Stephanie Glad to be of help. I don't like the idea of advising people on this forum but it's great for sharing our experiences and anything we find that helps us on our journey. From my experience, psychosis did not just happen to my son but to the whole family and it needs to be recognised that...
Hi Jade, From my experience and through the experience of others, it appears recovery from psychosis is a personal journey. What works for one may not work for another. If you find something that works for you, then go for it. I think you are amazing by your attempts to overcome and start living you...