<t>"Have you looked into getting pension credit? Check this with the CUK advice line or a welfare rights organisation and if you are entitled"<br/> <br/> Anyone paid Carer's Allowance is automatically getting NI pension credit along with it, you don't need to do anything.<br/> <br/> Amandah ... I do...
<t>Lewis,<br/> <br/> My experience with the DWP and DLA is that they pay no attention to GPs. If possible, the best thing to do is to get support from a consultant. <br/> <br/> And hold your ground with appeals; it may take a long time to get what's deserved and I'm sure the DWP hopes that you'll gi...
<t>I just turned 61 and will get my state pension in another 5 months; until then I'm receiving Carer's Allowance.<br/> <br/> To tell the truth it annoys the heck out of me that I lose Carer's Allowance when I receive my pension. Anyone can work full time and receive a State Pension. You can work an...
<t>I worry about my own health only with respect to who would care for my husband if I needed an operation or had long periods when I was too ill to care. He would not do well in a care home and he'd probably refuse to go; even though realistically he would have no other choice. His daughters couldn...
<t>I think all the home emergency covers are a complete rip off.<br/> <br/> I started to warm up the water prior to giving my husband a shower. All of a sudden the water stopped. I fiddled with the shower dial and a small amount of water came out of the shower head. I'd just replaced the shower head...
<t>In my life I've been Miss, Ms., Mrs, Ms and then Mrs ... in that order. I think Mrs and Miss should be done away with once and for all. They are completely unnecessary and potentially discriminatory labels. <br/> <br/> I've gone by my maiden name, my married name (husband No.1), back to my maiden...
If the patio is slippery you really should apply some moss killer on a semi-regular basis. Give it a chance to work and a day or two later use a stiff garden brush to remove it.
Hi Cherish, Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. My mum died nearly 9 years ago and not a week goes by that I wish I could talk to her. It's still hard to accept that she's not there for me, always will be. Three years ago my husband (my caree) was expected to die. All the medical professional...
<t>I've had direct experience with palliative care for my husband. Our palliative care nurse is absolutely brilliant, I could write more and more about how much help he was to the two of us. That's an important point ... they are there for the patient as well as carers. I can't fault the palliative ...
<t>this thread reminds me that I need to get back to my tellie and watch the end of Come Dine with Me; featuring "stars" of Made in Chelsea. Some show that I suspect is the equivalent of the show Made in Essex ... featuring real people that you wish weren't real .. even though half of the dialogue i...