[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Marie I do know how you feel. My husband has cognitive brain damage, and I have been looking after him for 7 and a half years at home. It is better than it was but no-one really knows how bad it feels. How bad I feel for feeling angry, bitter, resentful. I think one comment was wise, about the...
Hello Corinne and anyone else who had depression before caring. It is some time since you posted this and I wonder if you are feeling any better. I have had severe depression for many years before I became a carer, is this the case with you? I am afraid I have nothing encouraging to say, and that is...
<t>Dear Jenny<br/> <br/> You do sound knowledgeable about depression! Like Corinne, mine is clinical and, since being a carer (or with anything else very difficult in life) reactive depression adds to it.<br/> <br/> Yes, whatever gets you through. In my case chocolate and cake! I have put on about 4...
<t>Dear Corinne, I have just found your comments about depression. I have long term severe depression. I am 56 and my husband is 61. Two years ago he had a brain infection and operation which left him with aphasia (speech problems) and cognitive problems (not understanding, poor memory, lack of emot...
<t>Dear Crocus<br/> <br/> Your reply was extremely helpful thank you. You are the first person who has actually come up with some relevant helpful suggestions! <br/> <br/> I shall certainly try the music in pubs idea, as he does use voices rather than faces to recognise people and he does like liste...
<t>I care for my husband who has fluent aphasia. He also cannot recognise places, faces or often objects. He cannot read or write. As with all brain damage, these problems are very individual. He is cheerful and is a lovely man, and physically looks very good (so people don't realise how difficult i...