Thank you all for your kind words. They meant, and mean, a lot to me, and helped more than you could ever guess. I'm still here, now and then, looking. After ten years I suppose caring is just a part of me now. I hope it always is. The roller coaster ride might be over but I still hold my ticket, an...
Hi all. I haven't been here for a while.

Mum died this morning.
<t>I'm in the suburbs and so could get a doctor to visit, but I don't think we have anything like a community nurse. The trouble is, I don't think Mum is ill as such, for instance a UTI. She seems bright, even almost normal on occasion. My feeling is indefinable and impossible to describe.<br/> <br/...
My mother is rapidly getting worse, barely eating, rarely moving. I am completely on my own, and unwell myself.
<t>Again, thank you to everyone who has replied. All of the replies have been slowly working their way round my head, and they're having an effect because I feel more hopeful.<br/> <br/> I think what I have learnt while caring for Mum is that it's a gradual transition, and my job is to smooth out th...
<t>Thank you Sajehar and Susieq. Your words mean more than you could ever know. Because I am worried.<br/> <br/> Thanks especially for the biscuit information, Susieq. I give Mum small amounts often, but then worry as the food she wants isn't exactly ideal nutritionwise. I think I should stop worryi...
<t>Thanks for the suggestions, Rosemary, but Mum is way past the point of anything like that. She used to do crosswords, but that was years ago now. She also used to watch TV, but then stopped having any interest, again a few years ago.<br/> <br/> About all I can get her to do now is look at photos,...
<t>I'm finding it much harder lately to get Mum to do anything. If I'm with her, showing her photographs or talking, she takes an interest, but as soon as I leave the room she gets back into bed. I'm running out of ideas, not to mention energy.<br/> <br/> Perhaps it's the weather. It's been cool, gr...
<r>Hi and welcome, Vix.<br/> <br/> Oh, my. You've got it very rough. <E>:(</E> I'm not in the UK so I don't know what help might be available, but surely some must be. Someone will pop on here soon who can advise you.<br/> <br/> In the meantime, know that you're with fellow carers who understand.</r>
Riyad wrote:Koala, yes I am a Carer of my grandmother.

It was from my daily diary.
Then hello and welcome. I am glad that you find caring a rewarding experience.