[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Bowlingbun<br/> <br/> Thanks so much for your words of support. I do try and get out and fortunately my husband is OK for a few hours. I worry far too much about what might happen when I'm out! I am trying mediation at the moment and find it quite calming and am just trying to live within the ...
Hi David

Thank you for such a lovely welcome. Everyone is being so supportive. I hope I will be able to help others too.

Do any members of the forum ever meet up?
<t>Hi Melly1<br/> <br/> Thank you for your comments - they really help. I do live a lot of the time in my head and it's good to know others do too. I know in theory what I should do, but putting it into action is often very hard. I will look into mindfulness, it sounds as though it could help. I wil...
Hi mumwhocares. Thank you so much for replying. Haven't read your post yet, but hopefully I can maybe help you. It does help knowing other carers feel similar emotions and fears as I do.
<t>Hope to find people suffering the same fears and emotions. I'm Sue and caring for my husband Bill. He is suffering from COPD post radiation treatment for lung cancer (which has gone, thank God). He is always very breathless and tired. Some days are better than others, at worst he has to use a lot...
<t>My heartfelt sympathy to you Sue - It's been just under 2 weeks for me. I've cared for Mum for the last 15 years, we held her funeral on Tuesday and I was having the same feelings as you, but once things were underway I got this amazing feeling of calm, it was as if Mum had wrapped herself around...
<t>The Wish<br/> <br/> A man was cruising on his Harley up the California coast when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."<br/>  <br/> The biker pulled over and s...
<t>EIGHT WORDS WOMEN USE <br/> <br/> (1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.<br/> <br/> (2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes...
<t>My Mum is now bedridden. Her muscles are now so weak that she can no longer move so is virtually quadraplegic as she is unable to change position at all on her own but she can still lift her hand to her mouth, so as long as she has food and drink brought to her and put on her bedside table she is...
<t>Mum was on a diet of 3 Ensure Plus per day (no solids at all) and was getting horrendous diarrhoea (she wears pads too). She now has a very delicate gastric system and very minor changes can make a huge difference. After a bit of experimentation she has found that by substituting one Ensure Plus ...