[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I've posted before that my partner's elderly father has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Arrangements for care etc. are gradually falling into place but the strain on the family, who are not good at coping with stress or illness, is immense and my partner is near to breaking point. One of t...
Just wanted to add a bit to this. Putting my mum into a care home was the most difficult thing I think I did but definitely the best thing I ever did. I spent months trying to find the right place and I too wondered what the places were really like. I listened to all the recommendations, visited lot...
I've been a member of this forum for many years after looking after my (now late) husband and more recently looking after my 91 year old mum who has alzheimers and is now being cared for in a nursing home but at the moment I'm desperately worried about a good friend. He has always lived at home with...
Thank you for this. As i read it, my friend will be at the mercy of the local authority if/when his parents require care as retaining his home seems to be discretionary in such circumstances. He has never lived anywhere else since birth and lost his own career to care for his parents. Such a sad sit...
I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't find the response and would appreciate some advice on behalf of a friend. At 46 years old and an only son of elderly parents, a friend has never lived away from home. Both parents are now in their late 80s and both are very frail. Dad has just been d...
Thanks to both. His current work is in retail and because he has a liquor license (he's the manager of a supermarket ) he's prevented from becoming a Special as it's deemed to be a conflict of interest (a police rule - another one I don't understand!). His working hours can be from 0600 - 23.00 easi...
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this and I apologise in advance that this is a rant! My son, now 26, left school at 17 to help care for my late husband. At the time, husband was seriously ill and disabled but with a mortgage I had no option but to continue in work. Son became hi...