[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Thank you Jade. I'm not the most articulate of people and I understand that what I wrote could enable people to perceive my partner in a negative light. He is not controlling, as you recognise, he is just frightened. I have contacted the council for a carers assessment but have yet to hear back from...
Hi. thanks for the reply. His anxiety around me leaving the house is based around what could happen to me and/or the boys. He is more than capable physically of looking after himself at home and can look after the boys for short periods of time. He just wants me there with him. He's not a bad man in...
Always do an unscheduled visit. Having worked in care homes I know the things that happen when they are expecting someone. Also, having worked in a few, there aren't many that I would send my own mother to, but there are some real gems. Always ask for a copy of a menu because although it can seem a ...
Hi. I really need some help or advise. I have been with my partner for 9 years. When we first started dating (aged 23) I knew that he had muscular dystrophy but it never had an effect on our relationship. He loved to have fun and supported me in my life choices. I'm a keen extreme sports enthusiast ...
absolutely. x
<t>My partner was diagnosed with congenital muscular dystrophy and they were unable to locate the faulty gene. It was assumed, quite reasonably, that the MD gene that he had was a recessive gene and therefore if I didn't have it then it would not be passed on to the children (except perhaps in a rec...
Thank you all. I appreciate what you've said and it does make sense. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm doing my dissertation, looking after everything and just loosing a sense of who I am. This morning he woke me with tickets to the royal opera house, something that more me than him ht...
<t>Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping that I don't offend anyone. My partner has muscular dystrophy and a few years ago he was hit as a pedestrian by a drunk driver and was further injured.<br/> We have been together for 8 years and have two children (4 & 18months). <br/> <br/> I'm startin...