[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I forgot to mention the carers who come in at breakfast and lunch, otherwise it is me giving Gran dinner (when she is hungry). I do get something out of it (free room, own bills) but the main reason I decided to come down in the first place apart from needing a new job was because Gran and I have a ...
Thank you Anne, Uncle is "busy" but I will get in touch with Age Concern and find out what I can. I get on the bus and go shopping (with Grans money for food) as I find it easier and can escape! I also have developed a habit of going to the pub every other evening as living at home means I can't rel...
I work full time (38 hours a week), I don't want to start claiming anything in case I get charged with benefit fraud.
Hello all, Sorry for taking a while getting back to you. Answering Jenny Lucas' questions, Gran is 87 and is my mums mum, however it gets a little tricky because Gran doesn't want mum to know how things are due to mums habit of barging in and "taking over", also we wouldn't see Grans son, Uncle Titu...
We have been self funding since October because we are over the state threshold (think that's what the lady said). I'm trying to get some physiotherapy for gran because she is still a bit wobbly and her confidence isn't much better.
<t>Hello all,<br/> <br/> I came to live with Gran in 2009 when I needed a new job and she had her shoulders replaced. Things ticked smoothly along and I didn't realise she was getting older and then......<br/> <br/> Gran had a bad fall in April last year and was bedbound for 3 weeks until she was ha...

Hi!

<t>Hi Jim<br/> <br/> I have been a carer for a year I suppose (I didn't think I was a carer but when Gran came home from her latest respite stint after breaking her wrist the council told me I should register as her carer even though we get carers which I thought would get me in trouble but it hasn'...