<t>Jim Irvine,have you asked for discretionary payments?I would argue that it is only a "spare" room according to Government diktat and that any reasonable person would not view it as such.I am not effected by this change but I think it is a misanthropic falsely economic policy .To have to ask for "...
<t>I was for some years a homehelp for the Council and a receiver of Carer's Alowance.I was often referred to being a "carer" for both "roles".I think it is important to distinguish between them clearly.However "carer" as applied to family/friend non-paid help is not without its" problems" as the re...
I agree with Charles47.I happen to care for my wife,we would not have it any other way.That is my/our choice.Compulsion,no matter what bribe was offerred should not be part of the equation.
Worse still, Atos just got awarded another £400m worth of contracts...
Impeccable timing
I happen to live in the same County and recognised the "co-funding" line ie.charging.Some information from DCC ,which may be helpful.I suggest you ask the SW about your concerns.Regards.Look after yourself.

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/social_hea ... efault.asp
<t>It is not possible to eliminate all fraud unless no benefit/allowance is given we have to accept that fact.I would suggest that those that cheer proposals to make it ever more harder to claim/continue to receive eligible benefits bear in mind that far from "getting the fraudsters"(who will find a...
<t>Regarding the claimant increase in DLA receivership .This "concern" is ever more ironic given that for some years after its introduction the concern was the lack of "take up".The main reason for the increase is the fact that pensioners remain entitled if in receivership prior to reaching pensiona...
<t>re. the consultation on IS SMI-do they even read their own templated justifications.<br/> <br/> Disability /caring responsibilities are temporary conditions?Incentive to work for people deemed not expected to and/or pensioners?Making people" financial responsible" when they have already adapted t...
Matt Carers UK-have CUK responded to this?

http://dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2011/su ... rest.shtml