[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Anne and welcome. I gave up work 3 years ago to look after my mum full time who lives with me. I wanted to do it as I didnt want to put her in a home ( she is severely disabled and has severe dementia) and like you would do it again in a heartbeat but I also get incredibly bored and lonely. I wor...
Hi Jon and welcome.

I care for my mum full time and she also has cerebellar ataxia. She is non weight bearing and has to be hoisted from bed to chair. She also has severe dementia.

Do you get any help with your wife?

Teresa
Hi Glenn and welcome. I look after my mum full time and have 6 kids and thought that was a lot!

You will find lots of friendly people on here - and lots of advice too.

Happy New Year to you all. Image
Hi - welcome to the forum. My mum also has dementia and lives with me and my husband and we have 6 kids between us and a mad chocolate labrador! My mum is also doubly incontinent, doesnt communicate, is hoisted from hospital bed to chair and is due to have a peg feed very soon. However she is only j...
Hiya - totally agree with you! It is so frustrating isnt it? Especially as people on such benefits as job seekers allowance which pays more than carers allowance are given free courses. I am told by my local college that it is because carers allowance is not means tested! I get so furious as I would...
Hi and welcome. I was married for 15 years and my husband was calm,never moody but worked very hard and very long hours. One day he came home and had such a severe panic attack he had to be sedated by the duty doctor. He had a breakdown and severe depression and it was such a shock to my children an...
Hi Lachesis - and welcome. I live in your part of the world! Image
I also look after my mum with severe dememtia among other things.
Hope you find the forum useful. As you can see everyone is friendly!
Hi Elaine and welcome. I am also an only child and gave up work to take care of my mum full time 4 years ago. She lives with me and is very physically disabled and has to be hoisted. She also has severe dementia. A few years ago mum had an assessment for her dementia but I was told it was severe (li...
<t>Hi and welcome! I am a full time carer for my mum who lives with me. She has had a stroke and also has severe dementia. She is very disabled and we use a hospital bed and hoist to move her and have 2 carers in 4 times a day.<br/> <br/> Hope you dont mind me asking but does your mum have to pay fo...
Welcome Rod Image You will find lots of support here - it really is invaluable.