<t>Hi Penny I hope you do write to the Headoffice... volunteers or not they are representing the Charity....it is true we all have said and maybe done things we regret however, that should not deter you from expressing your concerns as that is the only way situations like this can be made a thing of...
<t>Just a thought does your husband have a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist? If so maybe they could contact ALAc on his behalf ? they might get listened to and something done quicker.<br/> <br/> Let us know how you get on...pressure sores are not good. I have a hospital bed....adjustable an...
<t>What can I say..... no-one should be put in your position just how you have coped... I don't know. I use Agency carers and often wonder how I'll be ... some years down the line..... I moved to live in an Adapted flat from my mums she is 80 and had looked after me all my life unfortunately 'our ho...
<t>Hi Jim I have been following your 'thread' regarding your mum with interest. How is she adapting to being back home? I hope she is continuing to improve.<br/> <br/> I can only speak from my own experience - firstly, I am not a carer I am disabled and have support from family and friends although ...
<t>Hi I have 2 wheelchairs a Power one for inside and a Manual for outside both provide by local healthauthority. My local wheelchair suppliers ALAC are very good and would supply new one if requested so just try asking. They may even just post one out to you if you give the dimensions.<br/> <br/> I...
Hi Myra my neurologist talked briefly about my trying Medazalam at last visit I go again in May - can my carer give it me - did your son have to go in hospital to try it out? As she suggested that but I am unsure.

Thanks x
<t>Hi I have epilepsy I was diagnosed age 3 and have been on anti-convulsants since then. I went to the David Lewis Centre for my education. I have tried many AEDs at present I am only taking Keppra but I am not having a good time at the moment. I have had difficult experiences with drs, nurses etc ...
Hi I have Charcot Marie Tooth Disease - does anyone else out there? It is a genetic motor and sensory neuropathy commonly known as CMT? It would be good to chat to someone else.

bfn xx
<t>Hi Ange and John I have Cerebral Ataxia, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease and Epilepsy.<br/> <br/> I have been having botox injection for 'contracting muscles' in my arm they usually work for 3-4 months I have them six monthly - I wear splints which are a lot more comfy after!<br/> <br/> I hope you ha...
<t>Hi Everyone I use an Agency for my 'personal care' I have lived alone in an adapted flat for 13 months now - intially I had a 'Reablement team' working with me 4 times a day whilst I was assessed for an Individual Budget - they were fantastic.<br/> <br/> However, I feel it gave me a false sense o...