[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Jaqueline, there is NO rush - take all the time you need. I agree the little things are the 'worst' in a way. I found my mum's last tube of handcreme....I broke down totally. She would never use it again.... Re house clearance - check with charities first. ie, if the commercial companies want to cha...
hi, just to say (quickly and 'in passing' so apols for that), to be sure you are actually SUPPORTING your wife (ie, helping her be the BEST she can be) and not merely 'enabling' her (which 'panders' to her distorted, ie, mentally ill, self)....the difference is crucial. It's fiendishly hard distingu...
Yes,l agree. you need to run this up the flagpole to signal to 'the authorities' what is going on. in the end, the man has to be taken into 'protective care' in a care home. it's just the same as if he had gone 'insane' and was running around with a machete or whatever. he cannot be allowed to be 'l...
Emails are fine - they are 'actionable' as in they can't be deleted - they are all stored on servers 'up there' somewhere by the email company. that said, make sure you keep them all, and ideally print them out. the very idea of 'same day payement' is absurd as well. I honestly don't know where this...
Rent controls are hopeless, they just distort the market. in the end, we all have to live where we can afford to live - ie, not in London! re the like's of Amber Rudd's daughter (agree not on this planet if that is what she said) are the scum that occupy council houses/flats even though they are on ...
It's actually REALLY good that he's put this in writing in an invoice - it's your PROOF of his appalling behaviour. As BB says, photocopy it immediately (multiple times)( DO NO PART WITH THE ORIGINAL!), and show it to the CQC, your mum's SW etc etc, and preferably to a solicitor. Remember, what is h...
pPPS! Just to warn you that not to be upset if the consultant has ZERO inter-personal skills, and talks to you horribly bluntly! All consultants are supposed to go on a patient-communication course, but many try and opt out (usually the ones who think it's a waste of time in the first place - ie, th...
All the best with the meeting with the consultant tomorrow. Will your dad be there as well? He sounds like he's (very understandably, and I sympathise from my own experience) in denial. I wonder whether you can have a 'quiet word' apart from him with the consultant. The consultant will probably be g...
Tracy, as well as what BB has posted, I would say the following - as you will probably already be aware, dementia is a 'progressive' illness (a bitterly ironic term - it is actually 'regressive' in its impact on the patient), and it will worsen inexorably. Eventually, unless 'something else' kills y...
PS - all patients have a right to a second opinion. I'm wondering whether if she were moved to a hospital with a 'better professional reputation' for stroke would have a better outcome for her? Just a thought. Your best bet to discover where, and what consultant, would be to consult stroke support o...