[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Good idea, Susieq. I looked up dressings on the internet, but there are so many it becomes confusing. I want to make sure I get the right ones. If the nurse would just tell me you need xxx brand, xxx product code from xxx.com I would happily order immediately. I have found that caring would actually...
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I was starting to think I was the only one. Most of the nurses are lovely and work really hard and really care about their patients' welfare. However, they tell me that they are not allowed to carry their own scissors for fear of cross infection, and it would be ...
My mum is 87 and can barely walk because of muscle weakness, and also has a heart condition. She accidentally scraped her leg a while back, and left quite a nasty graze. I dressed it and kept it clean, but it started to look and smell a fraction worrying, so I called in the district nurses. After al...
Washable cushion covers are very handy, and I couldn't live without Febreze.
Thanks Myrtle. We asked the GP to come and see us to discuss everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks. Mum's situation has changed quite dramatically in a short time. The GP has prescribed some tablets to help reduce the swelling in the leg, and after two days I can see some improv...
Hi Carol. I've not been around here for long either. I care for my elderly parents as well. My Dad isn't disabled just old, but my Mum has multiple problems and needs a lot of help. I also have two teenage daughters but luckily they keep to the straight and narrow without too much encouragement. I'v...
<t>Thanks for your interest Scally. The local SS are not particularly good, but I think I have now found a contact in the elderly care team who I can call on if I need her. I have had quite good advice from my SS department - I only live a few minutes drive from my parents but come under a different...
<t>Thanks Crocus. Because Mum has needed a bit of help for a long time Dad and I have collected a few bits and pieces that helped her stay independent. We have grab rails in the toilets and by the back door, a raised toilet seat, grabber things so she can pick up stuff she has dropped on the floor, ...
<t>Thanks bowlingbun, but, as I said we are actually in a good position. Mum has had a blue badge for a while, which we have found incredibly helpful. She hasn't been able to walk far for quite a few years. However, I try to keep away from our local SS. We asked them for advice about building a ramp...
I started to get used to giving my mum injections, and now I don't have to do it any more. We went for the scan yesterday, which turned out to be an ultrasound. Mum's leg is still very swollen and the yellow tint is much worse. However, she now has quite bad bruising on her thigh, and I realised tha...