Hi again Valerie, AS BB says your SIL cannot and must not be forced or persuaded to give injections, blood pressure checks or any other kind of medical or personal care. To be blunt and sound horrible (which I'm not trying to be) she has to 'grow some backbone' and stand up for herself. She does NOT...
Hi Tracey,
There comes a time when enough is enough and you have to get your priorities right. Dad has gone past the point of no recall now and thank goodness for your good sense in recognising that before something unforgivable happens.
Stick to your decision and protect that lovely little lass.
Hi Valerie, First of all try to get your SIL to accept that no-one HAS to look after another adult, whatever the relationship. Not parent, spouse, sibling or adult child. There's no law or obligation to enforce it. Secondly get her to practise that small but very powerful word. NO. Tell the hospital...
Hiya What would happen if you ignored the shout? Would it get louder and more agitated or would he stop until the next time? Might he be shouting 'in his dreams' or do you think that his sleep patterns have got turned around so that he is awake all night? Perhaps a visit to the GP? Maybe some medica...
Hi Simon Obviously your dear wife's needs have been assessed and care put in place but have you undergone a Carer's assessment? When I had one it was agreed that the care company we used could provide a 'sitting service'. This meant that one of the carers my mum already knew would come purely to sit...
Hi Susan, I can understand how distressing this is for you. Actually I think the GP should be made aware of both issues. If you share a GP then perhaps an appointment for yourself where you explain that you are becoming very stressed and why. If not, and in that case your husbands GP may not feel it...
Hi Jamie, Welcome to the forum. You have got a lot on your plate and do need some help. Sorry about the questions people are going to ask, but it helps us to make suggestions. Have you and your wife had Needs and Carer’s assessments? Is your wife claiming all the benefits she may be entitled to? (In...
Hi Vickie, It sounds like you are pretty clued up and have done all the 'basics'. Knowing what you were in for why did you agree to have MIL come live with you? That question is not meant to be critical just wondered whose idea it was? MIL cannot refuse to have carers come into YOUR home. Your husba...
Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that your Mum may be starting on the downward slide of dementia. I seriously suggest that you ask Citizen's Advice or a knowledgeable solicitor re the position regarding the house, but I do have a hopeful feeling that no-one is going to make your daugh...
Hiya, As I understand it, it shouldn’t be you paying for any care, respite or otherwise, but Mum. If you have received some equipment etc, then presumably Mum has had a needs assessment but have you had a carer’s assessment? That may be a step forward if not. You will always regret it if either of y...